Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRaccoon

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 12, 2013
I've set it to not sleep (neither the HDDs) when plugged in, but just to turn off the monitor after few minutes.

However I always find it restarted when i leave it for more than an hour.

I see I have system updates pending but i'm not logged in the apps store, may it be that it tries to install them and restart?
The updates are still pending though.

This happens like 5 times already and really drives me crazy! Can't leave it to do any work while i'm away :)

liya1201

macrumors regular
Sep 8, 2010
I had the same problem once I set the "Computer sleep" to Never. For some reason I found that the box in "Log out after 42 minutes of inactivity" in System Preferences -> Security & Privacy -> Advanced (bottom right corner) was checked. Uncheck that box solved my problem.

I've set it to not sleep (neither the HDDs) when plugged in, but just to turn off the monitor after few minutes.

However I always find it restarted when i leave it for more than an hour.

I see I have system updates pending but i'm not logged in the apps store, may it be that it tries to install them and restart?
The updates are still pending though.

This happens like 5 times already and really drives me crazy! Can't leave it to do any work while i'm away :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.