iPad I am a bit disappointed about my Rmini

Discussion in 'iPad' started by FatPuppy, Dec 4, 2013.

1. FatPuppy macrumors 68000

FatPuppy

My r mini runs 7.0.3 and it has no image retention but it lags when I change the orientation and when I use the multitasking, I noticed this as soon as I opened the mini for the first time. I don't have time now to try 7.1 so... how's the performance on 7.1 on r mini?

2. MacDevil7334 macrumors 6502a

MacDevil7334

I haven't tested 7.1 personally. But, everything I have read about it says it's a noticeable improvement on the iPad. The jittery animations (looking at you five finger pinch to close an app) are fixed and it is supposed to be faster overall. Given how nice the hardware on the rMini is, it has to be the fact that iOS 7 was rushed out the door months before it was really ready for public launch.

I'd say hang on until 7.1 is released if you can. While you wait, there are a few YouTube videos out there that show the performance improvements on the iPad.

3. Charliebird macrumors 6502a

iOS 7 still isn't optimized for new iPads. I notice when you open things there is a slight delay and then it pops open. iOS 7.1 is suppose to make things better. Saying that compared to my iPad 2 it screams!