I am a first time macbook user, that needs help and advice

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by chelsintensity, Jun 13, 2009.

1. chelsintensity macrumors newbie

All of my life, I grew up using crappy computers that lost all my school work because my sisters were ruining our computers with limewire crap.
    Then I got the dells. First one lasted 3 months, then pulled the ultimate blue screen of death on me. My birthday was coming up, and i begged my dad for a mac, telling him how much better they are. No, I got ANOTHER dell, that was even more expensive than my brand new mac.
    Needless to say, this recent dell is doing the "oh, i'm going to do a blue screen of death 6 times a day, just to scare you into thinking that i'm going to ruin your computer, just like i did your last."
    The problem wasn't me, it was the dell drivers. When I spoke to numerous people at dell, they had no idea. they're all dummies.

THEN, today, I finally got my glorious macbook. I am in love. Still a little n00bish, but catchin' on quickly.

Now, for my questions....
    1. I have a Zune, will not work with Mac. Considering selling it/trading it for an itouch. Is the ipod touch worth it?
    2. The lady at geek squad told me that limewire and frostwire (whatever the hell that is) will just demolish a macbook. yes? no?
    3. What programs/sites have a huge selection, lower prices, and unlimited downloads?

Sorry for all the rambling up there.^ Exhaustion rules
    I would really appreciate your help<3

2. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    1. iPod touch > Zune

2. They both run fine on the MacBook, and don't worrry you can't get viruses on a Mac. :)

3. i.shaun macrumors 6502a

i.shaun

frostwire is just a program to connect to the limewire network. I think it was created by someone who didn't realize Limewire had a version for OS X. .

As for iTouch vs Zune, I'd say the iTouch is definitely better -- but it depends on your needs. It's basically a little computer with wireless internet access and iTunes in it.

You ask for sites with great selection but I'm not sure what sites you're referring to, music? apps?

In any case, you can get a start on some apps by clicking the link in my signature below, I've made a list of some apps, and I also link to the macrumor guides where they list more (some of them the same).

4. chelsintensity thread starter macrumors newbie

i'm looking for sites or programs to download music. i don't know if i want to take a chance on limewire on my new baby mac. haha

5. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

The iTunes Store is very large and is the recommended way. If you're talking pirating music, well that's not tolerated on this web site and against forum rules so don't bother bringing it up or the thread will be deleted.

As far as Zune vs iPod Touch. The iPod in general will be better, but there's various kinds of iPods. The Touch has limited capacity depending on how much storage you need. The Touch has the wifi and apps support though. Check the Apples Store and just compare them and see what's going to meet your needs.