I am amazed at how many people spill "____" on their laptops!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by tacomahunter, Mar 29, 2008.

1. tacomahunter macrumors regular

tacomahunter

What is up with that? You would think that with the numerous posts that there are on these boards, that people would stop having drinks next to their baby! I think at this point if I ever did spill, I would not post it here..:eek:

2. ZiggyPastorius macrumors 68040

ZiggyPastorius

It's really not that simple. You could have a computer desk next to your door and on your way in, trip with a drink and get it on your computer. The possibilities of spillage are endless, so, there's no real way to say it should be an easy fix; after all, they are accidents.

3. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

It disgusts me when I see another of these (not this one, the ones this one is referencing) threads pop up.

How can you take such abysmal care of your possessions?!

Rant over. I'm done.

4. ZiggyPastorius macrumors 68040

ZiggyPastorius

That's kind of rude, don't you think? :confused: Sure, we don't really need to see a ton of those threads all the time, but, to call everyone ignorant or stupid or whatever (not saying you did, but, just saying) who spills is kind of rude to those people, as, like I said, they are accidents.

5. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

I understand completely that these spills are accidents, and I feel terrible for the people to which they happen.

The lack of common sense is what gets me hot and bothered.

MacBook Pro+Liquid≠Kick-awesome beverage

6. wk127001 macrumors member

Yeah I'm gonna have to say spilling something on your laptop is almost as absolute as having a hard drive fail on you. It's not a matter of if, just a matter of when...

Don't be ignorant and say it will never happen to you. Everyone thinks that and guess what, it still happens!

7. haner macrumors newbie

Buy a Thinkpad if you think it's inevitable you'll spill something.

8. xparaparafreakx macrumors 65816

Sometimes, it is not our fault that it happens.

How can you prevent someone form throwing up on your laptop?

9. iBookG4 FTW macrumors member

iBookG4 FTW

Thanks for that mental image...[​IMG]

10. Dkrtemp macrumors newbie

Well I've never spilled something in my laptop, but i did in a friends laptop (just a bit of coke, cuz I have good reflexes, but still...), anyways, i always thought like you, but regarding people droping their cellphones in water and stuff, and guess what i dropped mine to the toilett once =(

11. StevieMooey macrumors member

It is sad, puzzling and amusing that people get "hot and bothered" by other people's accidents.

FFS!!!!

Lighten up people!!!!

Sh*t happens, even to those that are careful. Get the freakin' sticks out of your asses you miserable schleps!

Jesus!

-Mooey

12. glocke12 macrumors 6502a

glocke12

I think what happens is at first, people are very careful with their macbook pros, than as time goes on they get more careless. Ive noticed that with myself anyway.

13. spacecadet610 macrumors 6502

yeah it's the same thing with new cars. people baby their precious, and then after a while they could care less..

14. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

i always have a morning coffee at my Mac and a glass of red at night. the other day i spilt coffee on my white keyboard. ended up spring cleaning it and good as new!

15. SamIchi macrumors 68030

SamIchi

Mines on an Mstand so I don't think I could tip my cup over and have it spill on my mac. Unless I lift my drik above it and somehow accidently spill it... which would be unlikely.

16. markrivers macrumors 6502a

markrivers

blame this on starbucks! and the other coffee shops not worth mentioning.
    typing on your laptop, not just mac of course and havinga sip of tea or coffee..
    :D

why not finish the cup first and then start working.:D

this is why the " iscuba wetsuit is on the works"
    thin film covering your whole keyboards, trackpad and the speakers..
    you can use a firehose.. still water won't penetrate your MBP.. unless it gets thrown off in the process.. imagine a "firehose":D:D

then a new thread will pop up..

OMG OMG a firehose hit my MBP:D

17. soms macrumors 6502

soms

I've only had one incident where I spilled water on my desk, let alone my MBP, but I was beyond drunk at the time. Usually I have my MBP on the other end of the table so if anything happens it won't reach it and potentially damage it.

18. kkat69 macrumors 68020

kkat69

I will admit, in the past couple of months I think I've seen more "help I've spilled XXXX on my MB/MBP" threads than I've change my underwear.

I mean really, I've worked at a location where 90% of the people have laptops (stinkpads to be exact) and within 1 1/2 year not a single person has spilled anything on a single one. And we're talking in excess of 100 people.

And I'm being sarcastic here but are windows users more careful about their laptops than Mac users? I mean 100 people over 1 1/2 years not a single spillage, but here, at least one every 2 weeks. :eek:

I used to work close with the admins and tech support so I'm 100% positive there were no spillages.

19. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I take unnecessary care of my gizmos and junk (4 year old powerbook is still in mint condition), but even I managed to spill a can of Coke over my old BT Apple keyboard. It was a blessing in disguise because I was sick of having games cut off because the batteries died and having my computer out of use for 2 hours whilst they were charged. And I wanted one of them slim Apple keyboards :D wired, of course.

20. ZiggyPastorius macrumors 68040

ZiggyPastorius

So, wait, let me get this straight...You change your underwear less than once every two weeks? O_O;

21. chaosbunny macrumors 68000

chaosbunny

So that it's at least something ugly that breaks. :D

22. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

The key is never move food/drinks OVER your computer. If you're going to, close the screen first!

23. markrivers macrumors 6502a

markrivers

YO bettaH change those undies girl!:D