I am an IDIOT !!!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by echoreply, Nov 21, 2007.

1. echoreply macrumors newbie

I was installing the .dmg for OSX Leopard off of a network drive. I was using the disk utility and did the restore to the correct partion. In the process it was copying the files (6 Gig) and was taking forever (3 hrs. not even 1/8 done) . So I quit the disk utility (even though it said not to).

My probleM #1: I now have a Kernel panic at startup , I have the Tiger disk and want to reformat....however

Problem #2- I have a windows keyboard and cannot get the disk to boot from CD.

Can someone please help me get the disk to boot. Holding x , c or shift does not work.

Thanks in advance!

2. Love macrumors 68000

Love

Try holding option(alt). This will bring up a screen and you should be able to select a disk.

3. echoreply thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks...

I did that just now and it gave me my startup disk MacHD with an arrow but no option for CD.

I selected the HD and got the kernal panic right away.

Any other ideas?

4. I'm a Mac macrumors 6502

take it to the genius bar at the local apple store or send it in for applecare if u have it. Beware or data loss, though

5. echoreply thread starter macrumors newbie

I went from Idiot to Genius!!!

The DVD Tiger install would not show up or boot, I used my original Mac Mini install disk with I think Panther, and it saw it and booted while holding the c
    (the dvd did not)

I think it is because it was a bootable CD instead of DVD.

Any thoughts?

Anyway... Thanks for the help.

6. echoreply thread starter macrumors newbie