I am at a complete loss

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by Sharkey311, Jul 8, 2014.

1. Sharkey311 Suspended

Attached below you'll find a pic of what my lock screen shows. My phone claims to be restoring from an iCloud backup but it's been 3+ days.

This message only started showing up after I had to upgrade to beta 3 through iTunes since it wouldn't let me install it OTA because the restore from an iCloud backup hadn't finished.

Has anyone else seen this? And how do I stop it? What would it be restoring that would take days on end?

Attached Files:

2. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

Probably just a bug.

Settings, iCloud, Backup, hit stop restoring from backup.

3. Sharkey311 thread starter Suspended

Alas, the option is already set to "off" and its greyed out. I'm just going to restore as a new phone and then restore the backup from iTunes.

4. mr99 macrumors 6502a

5. jafingi macrumors 65816

jafingi

My iPhone 5 does that too. Seems like it's ONE app that doesn't get restored correctly. Tried deleting the app, but it can't be deleted.

Trying to restore later today.

6. Sharkey311 thread starter Suspended

So I finally figured out how to get rid of it.

as I was planning on starting anew, I changed the backup on iTunes from Computer to iCloud, went to my phone's iCloud settings and it finally showed the iCloud backup was on. I was then able to stop the restore and then start a new iCloud backup....its taking 2-3 hours now :confused:

Now all I need to figure out is how to get iCPL to finally work.

7. thirdeyeopen666 macrumors 6502

thirdeyeopen666

I struggled with this all day. What finally resolved it was deleting all the threads from my Messages app. I believe its pics and videos that aren't coming back properly.