I am considering swapping to IMAC

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by transistorhero, Nov 25, 2007.

1. transistorhero macrumors newbie

Hello

I am looking at buying a new computer adn am considering a Mac, i wondered if i could get some advice,

i want to use it mainly to record music onto, could you tell me what sort of spec i would need to look at and reccomend any programme? i am familiar with Cubase and Pro Tools,

i also want to play music and films through it,

The computer would also be used as a normal machine, word processing etc, and i'm interested in trying my hand at website things, althouhg not at a professional level,

the reason i have thought about looking at Macs is that my PC is currently not working well because the processor keeps getting interrupts that i can't get rid of, and the sound card is broke and i can't play video or music, which is annoying as thats what i bought it for,

any advice is welcommed

thanks

2. emptyCup macrumors 65816

emptyCup

The iMac is the best value for someone who is not working professionally and does not need portability. Basically, everything you want to do comes with the machine. I would start with Garage Band if you want to record your own music. You can move to Logic Express or Studio from there. There are a number of free or cheap programs to record other people's music if that is what. You can always fall back to installing Windows on your mac but generally the content creation programs are better on a Mac. Best wishes.