I am converted

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Braderz, May 17, 2008.

1. Braderz macrumors newbie

Hi all im not sure if this is the best place to post this but i just wanted to say how much i love my Imac. I actually work in IT and have been thinking on trying out a mac but i was never brave enough to make the leap. im so glad that i did because its opened up a new world to me, a world where everything just seems to make sense and just works. I love the little features that OSX has its like the icing on the cake.

I invested in the new 24" Imac. 3.06 Ghz and i love it, ive stuffed my pc off to one side at the moment because the motherboard died and since getting my mac i just cant be asked to repair it.

im sure ill be posting loads of questions as time goes on but for the moment im very happy. if there is anyone out there whos thinking of getting a mac but isnt sure, i would say do it and never look back. of course ive only had it for a week but what a weeks its been so far.

Heres to apple :apple:

2. italiano40 macrumors 65816

italiano40

3. CWallace macrumors 603

CWallace

The more I use my iMac, the more I love it.

I'll be adding a MacBook Pro (replacing a 1st Gen MacBook) this summer, followed by a Mac Pro once they move to the Nehalem platform.

4. applemumba macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/419.3)

Welcome, it changed my life about 18 months ago. Glad to see another one happy with there purchase. I agree with you if you in two minds to get one, don't be it sure is worth it!!

5. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

I use desktop Macs, but I admit I'm a bit jealous of my wife's iMac. The iMac design is so elegant that you wonder why they haven't always looked that way, it does everything she needs it to do, and has been utterly dependable. Luckily, she deserves it!

6. iknowyourider macrumors 6502a

iknowyourider

Congrats on the new 3.06. Those are so sweet. I just sold my 2.16 MB 'cause a friend asked for it several times. Waiting for the new MB, hopefully in aluminum.

7. MacHappytjg macrumors 65816

did ur macbook die or ya just sellin it ?

8. Braderz thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the welcome, when i get a chance i want to upgrade the memory to 4gb, i only ordered it with 2gb because i believe its cheaper to go through someone else other than apple.

The next thing i need to do is install windows on here using bootcamp so i can play age of conan. But tbh i really dont want to put that OS on here, i feel like it will sabotage my machine or something lol, bloody windows!!

i could replace the mobo on my old pc and use that for gaming, but ive got this lovely 24" Imac and i think it would be a pity not to use it, im sure the game would look stunning on it.

9. nando2323 macrumors 6502a

I felt the same way as you about installing windows on my mac. I have gone one full year almost without it but AOC is coming out on Tuesday so I broke down and installed XPPRO on it. I also installed the Crysis demo just to see how it managed with that since thats pretty much the most hard core graphics for PC out now, and it was OK at Medium settings no dropped frames and I have the 2600XT, I can just imagine on the 8800GT it must be sweet. Well anyways have fun and maybe I'll see you on AOC I'm done with WOW had enough of it after almost 3 years now.

10. MacHappytjg macrumors 65816

its harmless lik im only doing it for games and some macrumors sincei dont wanna switch over just for that its not like its going to be ur media center so go for it put 20gb thats what i put on and i only have a 60gb hd:eek:

11. Braderz thread starter macrumors newbie

ive just been reading up on the AoC reviews on mmorpg and it looks like everyone is having a blast, so i think ill put windows on me mac today and get it all ready for Tuesday. i hope the 8800 will be ok!

What would you guys recommend for a partition size?

12. CWallace macrumors 603

CWallace

It works great, but I want 802.11n and the ability to drive a 30" LCD. Since the latter requires a MacBook Pro, that forced the decision. :)

Luckily (?) my friend's G3 iMac blew it's systemboard so he need a new machine, wants a laptop and wants to move to the Intel platform. So I'll be selling him my MacBook.

13. Braderz thread starter macrumors newbie

very nice. Well i got my partition setup, i ended up giving windows 100gb, this was mainly for the amount of games im going to install and to make room for constant updates on the mmo's i play.

i tested out a couple of real time strategy games i like and it handled it perfectly, no stuttering even when there were hundreds of units on the screen and everything just looks stunning on the 24" monitor, im really happy.

now all i need to do is go get AoC on tuesday :)

14. MacHappytjg macrumors 65816

yuck i hate intel
    lol even tho i own one i love my emac sooo fast just stuck with the flat screen but a big step up from my imac g3 unfortinitly the emac only has 512 were the imac had 640 and smaller internal for the emac 40 and imac 60 but i bought it from the same place i got the imac and i upgraded the imac myself