I am dreading

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by touchyphone, Jun 3, 2008.

1. touchyphone macrumors regular

I fear the day that the new iPhone comes out, and then there are the 1000's of people who will complain and moan how Apple screwed them, they deserve a free upgrade, yada yada yada....my experience is the majority of people who bought iPhone's don't even know how to use them properly, I mean I still see questions asking what WIFI is? I mean hello? Anyway sorry had to rant, as I see posts below this asking can we upgrade? will apple do anything for first adopters?

Well actually last week, Dodge just gave me the new Dodge Nitro instead of my 07 model....

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

That's why Apple stopped selling a month ago. Their return policy is 14 days. No one can say they were "screwed". They'll be laughed out of the Apple Store.

3. neven macrumors 6502a

Can't complain? Oh, watch them do it :)

I think forums in general need a "rant" area so we can separate empty complaints from potentially helpful discussion. It's easy enough to say "well don't read the forum if you don't want to see my comments", but I'd be missing some good info that way, and sifting through the "I want a pony" posts can be annoying.

P.S. Yes, I know this thread would go in the Rant forum then :)

4. newyorksole macrumors 68020

Are iPhones unabailable in Apple Stores too or just the online store?

5. touchyphone thread starter macrumors regular

Yes move my post to the RANT forum ;)

6. Niiro13 macrumors 68000

Depends on the store.

My Apple Store still has it (then again, they're slower than a turtle with a broken leg).

7. Van Wildonher macrumors 6502a

I can see it now... "My GPS doesn't work when my phone is in the toilet" or some other stupid thing like while they are inside an elevator or inside their office cubicle. :rolleyes:

8. zainjetha macrumors 6502a

there will be rants.. damn there will be angry customers who have just bought 16gb iphones and there will be complaints - expect them

9. luthien macrumors newbie

My birthday was last Friday, 5/30, and I spent it in Vegas with the family. Mom was going to get me an 8GB for my birthday and the Apple Store in the Fashion mall across from the Wynn was sold out. Nobody in the whole freakin metro area had one. We are SOL down here in Phoenix too.

She's just going to order me the new one from the online store. :D

10. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

I think it's a bit different this time round. It's almost a full new product, and everyone has known it was coming for a long time. This isn't coming out of the blue by any means.

11. bacaramac macrumors 65816

bacaramac

My co-worker just stopped by the local AT&T and picked up a 16gb. I think their last one, but all the stores I called had 8gb models.

He doesn't want the new one, he is taking it back home to his brother who is in India. I also thought Apple stores were getting small shipments daily or weekly and they sell out right away.

12. luthien macrumors newbie

It may depend on the store. FWIW, the guy in the Vegas store said they hadn't had any phones in for weeks. Ditto for the one near me in Chandler AZ.

Oh well, I'm not complaining. Just means I need to hang on to my Samsung A707 a little longer. Free upgraded iPhone FTW.

13. citron230 macrumors 6502a

citron230

i feel for the poor ebayers who bought used iPhones at extremely high prices, when a new iPhone is just around the corner. Didn't stop me from selling mine on eBay. :D

14. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

At this point, I'd welcome any topic other than the constant guessing :)

15. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

I am actually looking forward to it..... :)

I want to have a couple of days/months full of good reading! LOL.....

16. wildcardd macrumors 6502a

That won't stop them. They will rant in this forum, because no one will be reading the rant forum. ;)

17. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

The big complaint will be the 3G speed, imo

I have used 3G before and it is a huge upgrade over Edge but with weaker signals and/or heavy user traffic, it can slow down a little bit. Not Edge slow but nowhere near as fast as solid wifi

I am excited though!

18. EMAGDNIM macrumors member

EMAGDNIM

3G speeds are totally amazing. Once you are used to it, there is no going back to edge. Before Rogers (my provider) was set up for it, I would look forward to my trips to Europe so that I can get 3G signal on my import phones...

Videophone FTW!!!