Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

seahawk09

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 2, 2007
Canada
Hey all,

I am finding it very very hard to stay with my current computer an IBM, I was surfing the canadian apple site and there are some things on the site like watch the awsome ads it says explorer has to shut down because I dont have the right program to run the movies that is BS. Anyway I have made up my mind this system is going down and I will be getting a mac:) I am going to buy the 24" Imac with 500 gigs of HD space. And put my current computer in our guest room for anyone out of town visiting. if I could i would kick it a mile.

I will be so nice to use a realiable system again:)

:apple: for ever!

Windows Xp
2gigs ram
tower sys
about a year old
nvidia 6600 graphics card
200 gig HD

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
The iMac is lovely, but how old is this IBM? Is it a thinkpad or an IBM desktop? And what version of Windows does it run? I thought that Explorer shutting down business was pretty much a Windows 95/98 thing.

taficke

macrumors member
Oct 7, 2007
Wait for a while.

Hey all,

I am finding it very very hard to stay with my current computer an IBM, I was surfing the canadian apple site and there are some things on the site like wath the awsome ads it says explorer has to shut down because I dont have the right program to run the movies that is BS. Anyway I have made up my mind this system is going down and I will be getting a mac:) I am going to buy the 24" Imac with 500 gigs of HD space. And put my current computer in our guest room for anyone out of town visiting. if I could i would kick it a mile.

I will be so nice to use a realiable system again:)

:apple: for ever!

Windows Xp
2gigs ram
tower sys
about a year old
nvidia 6600 graphics card
200 gig HD

If it were me i'd be waiting for a while especially with the direction apple is heading in. Also have you tried using Mozilla Firefox instead of internet explorer? Firefox is much more stable and a much more powerful browser than IE. It also looks better...
Just saying.
So if it were me i would definitely wait especially with the Leopard release around the corner.

TantalizedMind

Suspended
Feb 5, 2007
I was surfing the canadian apple site and there are some things on the site like wath the awsome ads it says explorer has to shut down because I dont have the right program to run the movies

I have a Mac, and there's a handful of videos/muti-media that doesn't work; and Safari/Fire Fox will "Unexpectedly Quit".

I hope you have more reasons to "switch" than that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.