I am finding it harder to stick with IBM

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by seahawk09, Oct 8, 2007.

1. seahawk09 macrumors regular

Hey all,

I am finding it very very hard to stay with my current computer an IBM, I was surfing the canadian apple site and there are some things on the site like watch the awsome ads it says explorer has to shut down because I dont have the right program to run the movies that is BS. Anyway I have made up my mind this system is going down and I will be getting a mac:) I am going to buy the 24" iMac with 500 gigs of HD space. And put my current computer in our guest room for anyone out of town visiting. if I could i would kick it a mile.

I will be so nice to use a realiable system again:)

:apple: for ever!

Windows Xp
    2gigs ram
    tower sys
    about a year old
    nvidia 6600 graphics card
    200 gig HD

2. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

3. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

The iMac is lovely, but how old is this IBM? Is it a thinkpad or an IBM desktop? And what version of Windows does it run? I thought that Explorer shutting down business was pretty much a Windows 95/98 thing.

4. taficke macrumors member

Wait for a while.

If it were me i'd be waiting for a while especially with the direction apple is heading in. Also have you tried using Mozilla Firefox instead of internet explorer? Firefox is much more stable and a much more powerful browser than IE. It also looks better...
    Just saying.
    So if it were me i would definitely wait especially with the Leopard release around the corner.

5. TantalizedMind macrumors 6502a

TantalizedMind

I have a Mac, and there's a handful of videos/muti-media that doesn't work; and Safari/Fire Fox will "Unexpectedly Quit".

I hope you have more reasons to "switch" than that.