I am getting Kernal panicks everytime I try to reload my Mac book from disc

Discussion in 'macOS' started by sigh, Nov 7, 2008.

1. sigh macrumors newbie

I am currently trying to reload my Mac with the MAC OS X discs and i have been reading arouond because i have no idea where to start.

I started the computer and tried to boot to disc, which is seemingly working until the kernal panick message comes up. It happens sometimes when it has fully booted and is leting me start the reload, and it is sometimes happening before it even finishes thinking when i tell it to Boot to disc.

From what i have read about these panick messages it is a hardware issue, is there anything else that can cause them, and is there anything that can be done outside of replacing hardware?

If you need more information then i can tr and give it to you I just don't know where to start in what to tell you, but please help if you can it would be most appreciated.

2. WPB2 macrumors 6502a

WPB2

That same thing happened to me trying to restore my MBA 1st gen with my restore disk from my old MB 10.5.5 disc. It kept giving me the mulit language screen of death (MLSD). I never could resolve the issue. I just gave up. I lost me restore disc's for the Air.

3. txhockey9404 macrumors 6502a

Do you have another mac and a firewire cable (if you have a firewire capable macbook)? If so, boot the Macbook while plugged in and press and hold T until a white screen with a firewire logo appears. Then, plug in the other mac and put the install disks in it, and when you go to install mac os x, choose your macbook's hard drive as the target volume. Be prepared to wait about an hour or two for it to complete its setup. You should definitely have that checked out by someone though, it is not normal for kernel panics when booting from disks. You may have trouble with the drive in OS X though.

4. sigh thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the reply I will try this. Does this issue sound like a major hardware malfunction like a harddrive or mobo? If so is there anyway to diagnose it?

5. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

Duff-Man

Duff-Man says...a couple other things maybe - if you have anything connected via usb or firewire disconnect them, and if you've installed 3rd party ram take it out and try again.

Also - "bump" posts are bad etiquette around here, especially after only 30 minutes or so - be a little more patient....oh yeah!