I am going to buy rMBP 13 2015

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by spesifikbrush, Oct 18, 2016.

1. spesifikbrush, Oct 18, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2016

spesifikbrush macrumors regular

spesifikbrush

I am going to commit this. Gonna get the 256GB model. I was thinking about a Zenbook 3 with Kaby Lake processor, and I know new Pro's are coming later this month, but I simply don't want to wait anymore. I'm sure I will be happy ^^

Edit: I am really enjoying it so far, couldn't really install the things I want like Photoshop and League of Legends cuz of no wifi, but the experience is so smooth. I especially love the trackpad! I am in love with it! I'll probably stick with this device until I graduate.

2. keysofanxiety macrumors 604

keysofanxiety

You will be happy. It's still a very capable machine. The only thing I would recommend is not paying full retail price for it.

If you can't find it for a decent price (much cheaper than Apple), it's worth waiting a few weeks. The reason for this is because Apple will likely still keep the existing rMBP line but at a reduced price.

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Good luck, its a fine machine, but the only piece of advise I'll offer is, try to wait until the 27th. If nothing happens in the 10 days, then you'll be in good shape to buy the current MBP imo

4. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

I've had my early 2015 rMBP since early 2015. It's an awesome computer.
    --- Post Merged, Oct 18, 2016 ---
    Alternatively, if something is announced on the 27th, the OP will probably still be able to return the Mac that was just purchased.

5. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Possibly, provided its available same day, if they only unveil it for a future shipping date he may be SOL.

Waiting allows him to make the best informed decision imo :)

6. spesifikbrush thread starter macrumors regular

spesifikbrush

Yeah, I will probably do that ONLY if they reduce the price of the current models. If it works without giving back the device and getting a new one, I'll just get back the difference amount of money.

7. oconnell84 macrumors newbie

I just purchased a 2015 MBP 15 on eBay for $1300. I think that was a really good price for the specs. Just shop around for it

8. photoj2754 macrumors 6502

photoj2754

You'll love it. I found a similar deal and snapped it up. Used a 15" at work (now retired photojournalist) for two years and loved it, especially the variety of ports and the nice weight of the laptop. Wasn't looking forward to missing ports and thinned down new design. Congrats.

9. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

I bought a new unused 13" MackBook Pro non-retina for $740. Perfect for Windows via BootCamp. Fonts too small on retina units. Makes doing QBPro and Office impossible with retina. LOL! It also has a built in DVD drive!

10. spesifikbrush thread starter macrumors regular

spesifikbrush

I had to buy it from Apple, because in my country, every freaking shop sells the Macs at the same price Apple sells them. I got it, I will be unboxing it when my friend comes to my home because he wants to do it :3

11. jerryk macrumors 68030

You can adjust the font size on a retina display. You make things quite big.
    --- Post Merged, Oct 18, 2016 ---

Congrats on your new system! it's a great machine!

12. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

When I am in QBPro the menu items across the top of the screen are about an eight inch in size. I can change the fonts but it does not adjust these menu items in Word or QBPro. I can even change to a lower resolution and the results suck. This is all in Windows 10 that I have to have for work.

13. pojo1806 macrumors 68000

I was going to do the same but ended up getting a rMB instead, I realised I don't need the power of the Pro.

14. jerryk macrumors 68030

Are you running parallels or bootcamp?

15. spesifikbrush thread starter macrumors regular

spesifikbrush

Great! I've really considered to get one, but I need power cuz I want to make 2d games, play some light games and do coding and photoshop stuff.

16. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

Bootcamp

17. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

With more rumors of an October 27th rollout, I'd hold off and wait a week.

18. NickPhamUK macrumors 6502

NickPhamUK

That's really rude.

19. spesifikbrush thread starter macrumors regular

spesifikbrush

I might return my Macbook Pro if the new ones come in the same price. But I am really happy with it so far.

20. pojo1806 macrumors 68000

I expect it to cost more to be honest, it certainly will in the UK (Brexit).

21. spesifikbrush thread starter macrumors regular

spesifikbrush

Because I saw that the first Retina MBPs started at 1599$ am I right?

22. 8692574 Suspended

Would have went for a refurb...and waited for the 27th... I mean even if you don't get the new one, the older refurb model would have been way cheaper then, and with applecare too ;)