I am going to cry! 1015 Error

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by bluepig112, Dec 25, 2011.

1. bluepig112 macrumors newbie

So I bought an iPhone off from Ebay. It said it was unlocked. Added it to my T-mobile account. Worked great. I made ONE phone call, had it less than one hour when my 14 year old son decided to update the OS to sync it with his iPad (or something, IDK). Anyway, it wouldn't let him update it, then went to restore but when it gets to the end of restoring it says it can't be restored because of a 1015 error. I contacted the seller and come to find it wasn't unlocked from Apple, he had it done with some kind of software (IDK which one). After doing some google searching I realized it won't update because the phone was "hacked" (according to Apple). The Apple Store won't help me because it's "hacked". I've tried to use Tiny Umbrella to kick it out of restore, but even though I can see the exit restore button it's not lit up for me to click on. All I get when I turn the phone on is a USB cord pointing towards a iTunes logo. I've tried for hours, but nothing has worked. I am fairly useful around a PC, but I know nothing about Apple. It's like a foreign language to me. No one around me fixes them either. I'm about ready to kill my son! Please help me! I need someone to explain it to me in the simplest terms possible because I don't have any idea what I'm doing. THANKS IN ADVANCE (and my son surely thanks you too!)

2. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

1. Download tiny umbrella 5.10.02 to your PC.
    2. Run it, click on your device on the upper left hand corner.
    3. Look to the upper right hand corner, click "exit recovery"
    4. Your phone will boot up normally to activation screen (USB + Itunes, and emergency call bar at the bottom)
    5. You can either activate the phone with AT&T sim card or hactivate it with redsn0w so it can bring your phone to home screen.

3. bluepig112, Dec 26, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2011

bluepig112 thread starter macrumors newbie

When I try that it just goes to the Apple sign for a minute and then goes right back to the USB/iTunes screen. Tiny Umbrella says recovery device disconnected. I tried to turn it off then back on, it still does the same thing. It won't go past that screen. HELP!

4. bluepig112 thread starter macrumors newbie

My screen looks like what you are describing in step 4, but with no call bar at the bottom.

5. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

Which Iphone do you have? 3G, 3GS or Iphone 4?

6. bluepig112 thread starter macrumors newbie

7. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

Can you try to use tiny umbrella on different computer to exit recovery. If it still not working then, do this;

1. make sure your phone hook up to your computer.
    2. Put your phone into DFU mode by holding power button & home button at the same time until the screen go black for 2 more seconds. Let go the power button while keep holding home button until your computer detect your phone as weill as Itunes.
    3. Hit restore on Itunes.
    4. Your phone will restore to factory setting and boot up at activation screen (USB + Itunes and emergency call bar at the bottom). If your phone has Ipad baseband on it, then your probably receive an error message, come back here with that message and we will guide you to the next stage.

8. bluepig112 thread starter macrumors newbie

I will do that, thank you. I'll let you know either way.

9. bluepig112 thread starter macrumors newbie

I tried to exit on another computer but it didnt' work. I started it up in DFU and restored it, and I got a 1015 error. I still see the itunes/usb screen with no emergency call at the bottom. (I had tried to restore it in DFU mode already, read that somewhere else and it didn't work. Still go the 1015 code).

10. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

1015 is normal and we solve this here so many times. Since tiny umbrella is not work for you or your computer. Try to use IREB. Download it to your computer and use it and see if it works.

11. bluepig112 thread starter macrumors newbie

It tells me it's in a PWNED PFU state and I can do a shift restore, which I tried to do but I don't know what to restore it to (I have no iphone software files on my computer).

12. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

Not sure what happen on your side but we have fixed 1015 successful on iphone all the time.

Follow this link to see if it helps you;

http://www.limera1n.cc/2011/08/fix-error-3194-1600-1602-1013-1015-20.html

13. Moazzam macrumors member

try this one...
    Hold down the power button & the home button together till the mob restart..

14. Moazzam macrumors member