I am going to get a camcorder

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by pcuser2, Nov 14, 2007.

1. pcuser2 macrumors member

Hello everyone , I am going to get a camcorder before the xmac , but in fact I don't that great budget so I've narrowed to these two:
    Sony HandyCam DCR-HC28 Mini DV Digital Camcorder:
    http://www.dealstudio.com/searchdeals.php?deal_id=66867
    Panasonic PV-GS39 MiniDV Camcorder :
    http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/415298-REG/Panasonic_PVGS3 9_PV_GS39_Mini_DV_Camcorder.html
    Which one do you think is better , need your opinions please .I don't want to waste money on a bad camcorder . Thanks in advance for your reading and inputs.

2. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

What are going to be your main uses, if you want better zoom get the Panasonic. The Sony looks to be a better built camera and usually has good lenses. I think at this price range either will do the job.

3. pcuser2 thread starter macrumors member

Hey thanks for your replay and I will just get it for everyday use . Not for professional usage .

4. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

everyday use is professional use...once or twice a year on trips or whatever is non professional use, if you're going to put any major use to it at all i suggest getting something with a bigger CCD that camera is going to be horrible for anything thats not outside in bright daylight, the 1/6th imager is just..bad try to find something with a 1/4 ccd or a 1/3 ccd

5. thesdx macrumors 6502a

I'd go with the Panasonic. If you could spend a little more, you could get the PV-GS320. It records in HD, and has stunning video quality.

6. bloodycape macrumors 65816

Actually no it does not record in HD. It is a 3CCD camera, and not a HDV camera. I would second that, but I would say if you can find and afford the older PV-GS300. The it comes with a flash and a mic port which is a nice feature.

7. GSMiller macrumors 68000

GSMiller

I bought a Panasonic in 2005 and about 14 months later it died. When tech support finally replied to my email I was told it would be at least $250 to repair it, and now you can get new ones for that price.

I'm going to hold out for the price of hard drive based camcorders to drop and get one of those.

8. derrickoommen macrumors newbie

need help buyn a camcorder

i need a good cam in the price range of 600$-650$ with 3ccd..... and the company ...not looking out for hdd..
    should be compatable with a macbook pro.....i had cheked the panasonic sdr-h250 but the video format is not supported by the mac... now is it the
    software or cam problem..dose the fire wire help in this matter...

thanks ....

p.s how do i start a new thread or forum .....