I am Hacked Off

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Mr Ski 73, Mar 3, 2008.

1. Mr Ski 73 macrumors regular

I updated to Leopard 10.5.2 about 3 weeks ago and ever since then I have had problems, namely 2 which are well docmented on both the apple website and these forums.

My gripe is around plugging in an external display (or lack of) since doing the graphics update to my MBP 2.2 I have not been able to connect to an external monitor and when I do try it screws up both my MBP screen and also fails to deliver a picture on my external.

Furthermore I have other problems around waking from sleep and a balck screen, which then requires a hard shut down.

I question is this, do I do a clean instal back to 10.5.1 (I have not time machine) or do I wait until Apple provides a fix. I am going mad and am not sure if I can wait another week:mad:

2. phoxrenvatio macrumors regular

i've not had these probs, so if you wanna clean instal- go ahead. but, you may want to back up some stuff that you have on ur mac... with or without time machine

3. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

i HAVE had these problems, both of them, quite annoying yes, an ill be installing a new harddrive later this week and will do a full fresh install, as well as installing the full update from the web rather than just the software update version

i do wonder though, some people got a smaller update than others, im really starting to wonder what the difference was and if the people who got the smaller one (me) got the problems while others didnt...

4. Mr Ski 73 thread starter macrumors regular

Just for the record I did the full update downloaded from the Apple website and not from Software Update.

If you do a fresh install what is your plan? Stick with 10.5.1 or go to 10.5.2 and ignore the graphics update 1.0?

5. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

well crap that kills my theory...i guess ill just hope it dosent happen this time..then wait for apple to release graphics update 1.1

6. Mr Ski 73 thread starter macrumors regular

I have found that if you get a black screen after waking from sleep if you then run repair disk permissions it does get rid of the problem for a while.

I cant believe apple can release an apparent improvement called graphics update and it causes so many problems.

7. kolax macrumors G3

I haven't had any problems with 10.5.2 (touch wood).

Tried resetting PRAM and SMC?

8. Mr Ski 73 thread starter macrumors regular

Yes done both of these and no further forward

9. Mr Ski 73 thread starter macrumors regular

Fixed it, I have downgraded to 10.5.1 and everything is fine. That is really annoying!

10. davinche macrumors regular

davinche

I also have neither of the two issues described above. I have a MBP SR 2.4 17" High Res.