I am having serious issues with iphone 4G (Error 2001)

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by hanucol, Oct 28, 2011.

1. hanucol macrumors newbie

Hello everyone.

Yesterday I got some charcoal on my iphone case so I tried to wipe it water, wiping my screen accidently in the process. So the screen goes blank for an hour or 2 then my phone starts working again for a few hours. Then it completely shuts down on me. I tried charging it then it signals me to charge to iTunes.

Then my boyfriend was trying to fix it for the past 3 hours by taking out the sim card, putting it to DFU mode, etc. when we were doing that, iTunes finally recognizes that an iphone is charged so we try to restore it. But we keep getting a popup saying that it cannot restore because of Error 2001 and 1611. We looked up everything on the internet, we looked at youtube, we tried restoring it on 2 laptops (my macbook and my dad's Dell). We tried DFU mode too. I am really upset and I was crying because I am afraid that the only thing left is to take it to the Apple store and pay a **** load of money to get it fixed or even get a new phone.

I heard putting it in a bag of rice will work, but at this point in my situation will it even work? Or is all hope lost? :( please help...that thing is my baby and I will swear to be more careful with it next time.

2. dotme macrumors 6502a

Make sure it's dry before attempting to power it back on. Rice not a bad idea.

Your errors might be jailbreak-related, I don't know. But assuming you're not jail broken, you need to be running the latest version of iTunes to restore with iOS 5 and somewhere I read that the 1611 error is to do with downgrading.

If it worked, then shut down, all hope is not lost. But moisture inside can short the battery and play hell with the electronics so it's critical that the phone be powered down and fully dried internally before trying to bring it back to life.

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You cant fix water damage or hardware issues with dfu restores or any software.
    I'd bring it to Apple.

4. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

5. nwmtnbiker macrumors 68000

nwmtnbiker

If you've never been to apple for any warranty or replacement of your iPhone 4g then you have a really good chance that they will replace without charge. It's happened to me a couple times and when girlfriend found out that the toilet>iPhone they replaced that for her. Worse thing that'll happen is you have to fork out 200 bones… Seems like you don't abuse the system and apple knows if you do.

6. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

7. nwmtnbiker macrumors 68000

nwmtnbiker