I am having the worst series of problems!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Mushrooshi, Jun 10, 2008.

1. Mushrooshi macrumors regular

It all started when Windows became the most retarded idiot and wouldn't remove it's stupid Pagefile.sys, no matter how many times I tried to delete it, from going and doing it from Mac OS X, to going in windows and trying to delete it, to going in the modifyng the settings.

I dn't have much on my Bootcamp partition anyway, so I just nuke it and make another...

But bootcamp is unable to make a partition, and it turns out the disk is corrupted with wrong volume space free block counts. Techtool, Disk Utility, fsck -fy, they don't work.

Finally, techtool decided to be stupid, and it actually ruined my Mac OS X partition.

So i reinstall Tiger, and I am lucky my files are intact and only the system got screwed up.

Unfortunatly, everything has gone to hell, and for some reason I cannot access my external drive after using iPartition. It works on my sister's windows laptop, but not on my mac.

So I use my sister's laptop to defragment the disk... but this time Windows decided to corrupt a few files with its "SOME FILES CANNOT BE MOVED U SUCK BTW ALSO THE DATA IS LOST CYA"

I haven't found corrupt files, but it might be corrupted.

2. blodwyn macrumors 65816

So, if I understand correctly, your current problem is that you can't mount your external drive on your Mac/Tiger system, and it may or may not be corrupted.

Re the external:
    - Is it USB or Firewire?
    - Is it formatted in FAT32 or NTFS?

You don't say what the current situation is when you connect the drive to a Windows system, but if you can, I would use Windows to copy as much of the data off of the external to some other drive. That way you have a backup, and can try to reformat the external and copy the data back.

3. Mushrooshi thread starter macrumors regular

Mix of NTFS, Fat32, and Mac OS HFS+

USB

When I connect the drive to Mac OS X, it doesn't mount. I go into Disk Utility, and Terminal Disk Util, and both programs hang and do nothing.

When connected to Windows, it does everything "normally", connects "normally", and is normal in general.

4. blodwyn macrumors 65816

So, it has 3 partitions
    Does it have a power supply or is it powered from the USB port, and if so are you plugging it straight into your Mac or into a hub, and is the hub powered?

5. Mushrooshi thread starter macrumors regular

It runs directly off of the Mac's power.

STUFF: 133.02gb, Fat32
    POOP: 7.5 GB Fat32
    HOTSPOT: 6.49gb, Fat32
    UTILITIES: 2.03GB, Fat32

I forgot I had formatted a few disks, so they are all FAT32.

ALSO:

My Mac seems to be able to connect to the drive.

Here is thing:

It is plugged in via USB.

Diskutility cannot recognize it
    FInder cannot recognize it
    Terminal (diskutil) cannot recognize it.
    iDefrag cannot recognizes it

HOWEVER:
    iPartiton recognizes it
    Windows recognizes it
    Techtool recognizes it

SInce 2 programs on MAc OS X can recognize it, but the programs included on Mac OS x can't, is it a problem with Mac OS X?