I am in an unusual situation...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by bborne, Oct 16, 2008.

1. bborne macrumors newbie

Hey everyone,

I have a little dilemma and I would trust no one more than this group of fine mac owners here.

I sent my iPod Touch to get fixed, they sent me a new one and that one got lost. So Apple sent me another one, and then yesterday, I get the iPod AND the lost one too. Do I send one back? or Keep them both??

Thanks,
    Ben

2. MagicWok macrumors 6502a

I would be tempted to keep the second one... In the end I would send it back and hope Karma is watching lol

3. greenythebeast macrumors regular

Contact Apple and ask them what you should do. If they say keep it, then keep it. If they say return it, then return it.

4. biikman macrumors regular

As tempting as it would be to keep it, I'd have to agree with previous posters, I'd call to see if they want it sent back. maybe a small chance they'll say keep it.

5. pismodude2 macrumors 6502a

pismodude2

6. rshanahan macrumors regular

I had a similar thing with Dell and a lost 19" monitor (it was delivered somewhere else with a similar address by UPS). Dell fedex'ed, overnight, a replacement. A few days later I got a call from UPS telling me 'they screwed up' and it ended up never going to some other address. It was delivered a day or two later. I gave up after several unanswered calls and emails for instructions to return it. 6 months later I gave it to my sister for Christmas.

Contact Apple and get their instructions, you don't want to end up getting double-billed or something.

7. OnTheiTouch2G macrumors member

Earl would be so proud.

8. bborne thread starter macrumors newbie

Well I did something about it...

I called Apple and after a 54 minute phone call (very long because the guy was waiting to hear back from a consultant of some sort, we made lots of jokes about me keeping the second one for free), and so the man said well Good news, It's yours. I was like...:eek: then I did :D and ;) Said thank you. Apparently they felt that it was better found than stolen, so its okay that I had it!

Thanks for giving me moral guidance.

Ben

9. MagicWok macrumors 6502a

Well there you go - guilt free concience... Now sell it! :p

10. crmccashin macrumors regular

crmccashin

I would bet that the "shipper" picked up the tab on the first lost one and had paid Apple for it.

11. AdeFowler macrumors 68020

AdeFowler

So honesty really is the best policy! Really pleased for you. ;)

12. mzd macrumors 6502a

wow - i didn't expect it to turn out that way! congrats on a free iPod touch!!! :cool: