Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

EGT

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 4, 2003
With regard to the recent news about apple switching to intel; the only thing i can think about is the attitude of some members on these forums. It absolutely stinks!! There's no doubt about it!!

I really hope this isn't the general consensus across the board, but from what i've been reading, it somewhat appears that way!

:rolleyes:

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
It's okay, it's okay!

I just quickly checked outside and the world seems to be still revolving which is a good sign. I imagine it'll only last another few years though. :(

James Philp

macrumors 65816
Mar 5, 2005
Oxford/London
mad jew said:
It's okay, it's okay!

I just quickly checked outside and the world seems to be still revolving which is a good sign. I imagine it'll only last another few years though. :(
Apparently, Apple are phasing the world out gradually over the next two years! :p

MOFS

macrumors 65816
Feb 27, 2003
Durham, UK
EGT said:
With regard to the recent news about apple switching to intel; the only thing i can think about is the attitude of some members on these forums. It absolutely stinks!! There's no doubt about it!!

I really hope this isn't the general consensus across the board, but from what i've been reading, it somewhat appears that way!

:rolleyes:

Ummm...you seem non-commital - on what side of the fence do you sit?
:confused:

Personally, I'm of the "I don't care because with Apple software and engineering skills it'll still be great"-camp.

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
James Philp said:
Apparently, Apple are phasing the world out gradually over the next two years! :p

Good call! :D

As for EGT's original comment, yeah I agree. The reactions have been a bit topsy turvy but to be fair, it is a bit of a shock to many of us. We've had rumours like this in the past and they've always just evaporated but this is real! :eek:

joecool85

macrumors 65816
Mar 9, 2005
Maine
It is pretty crazy, I remember watching the mhz myth video and even playing it for some friends and showing them how much better PPC is than x86. Whatever...I'm sure Apple/Intel have something up their sleaves and will make it worth while. Steve isn't stupid, we will have some fast ass kicking machines.

homerjward

macrumors 68030
May 11, 2004
fig tree
i don't think there's anything wrong with switching to intel, it's just i'd rather not buy a mac right now that uses an entirely different processor architecture than they will in a year. i wouldn't have bought a 680x0 mac during the transition to PPC either. i'm going to buy a mac for my next computer purchase after this summer's, as by then the transition will be complete. yeah, it's pretty shocking all right. i got home, woke up my mac and looked at MR and i was like ....WTF..... but yeah, i'm sure SJ has our best interests at hand or w/e. just wish they'd take down those benchmarks on the P-Mac page...:rolleyes:

jiv3turkey748

macrumors 6502a
Dec 30, 2004
atlanta
MOFS said:
Ummm...you seem non-commital - on what side of the fence do you sit?
:confused:

Personally, I'm of the "I don't care because with Apple software and engineering skills it'll still be great"-camp.

thats the camp im in too

MontyZ

macrumors 6502a
Jan 7, 2005
I just hope the Mac Chime isn't replaced with the Intel Inside jingle every time you turn on your Macintel.

AmigoMac

macrumors 68020
Aug 5, 2003
l'Allemagne
MontyZ said:
I just hope the Mac Chime isn't replaced with the Intel Inside jingle every time you turn on your Macintel.

I don't care about the transition but I would hate an "Intel inside" sticker on my mac! :mad: ...

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Mar 25, 2002
London, England
It's all getting right on my titties. So many people all flying off the handle when 90% of them have no idea what is actually going on, and wouldn't have a clue of the change under the hood anyway if they weren't actually told about it.

Then you've got all these people posting new threads over and over again on the same bloody subject.

ARGH! :mad: :rolleyes:

I've decided it's not worth wasting my time and breath trying to keep on top of it all, and attempting to explain things, let 'em all go nuts, I really couldn't care less (as irritating as it is).

AmigoMac

macrumors 68020
Aug 5, 2003
l'Allemagne
edesignuk said:
It's all getting right on my titties.

Are my eyes OK? ... are you swtiching to Jolie?

Edit: Sorry, I had to check the whole picture... :eek:

I thought you were forgetting K.K for a while...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.