i am looking for a compressed file of iTunes 9

Discussion in 'macOS' started by chrisInMiss, Sep 2, 2010.

1. chrisInMiss macrumors newbie

I have tried and hated iTunes 10 and I really would like iTunes back on my system. I tried using 7.3.1 that I had in my archives, but that would be upgraded to 10 directly. I just wand my iTunes 9 back. I'd love a rewind feature where i can quickly undo upgrades.

Thanks,
    -- Chris

PS: I run 10.6 and the laptop i use I brought shortly before the spring equinox.

2. chrisInMiss thread starter macrumors newbie

3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Thanks! I didn't notice, since I wasn't actually downloading.

How To Downgrade iTunes 10 to iTunes 9.2.1

BE ADVISED! I don't recommend downloading Apple software from non-Apple sites. While this file might be perfectly fine, it's possible to install malware using this method. I have not tested the download file in any way and I accept no responsibility for any problems that might develop.

4. chrisInMiss thread starter macrumors newbie

5. FourCandles macrumors 6502a

The link within the article you've linked to seems to be directly from the Apple site, so hopefully OK. How long it remains live remains to be seen.

It's a little odd that in the main iTunes section of apple.com you can download the current version, and 8.2.1 for G3 Macs, but not 9.2.1 for PPC Tiger users.

6. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

I saw that, too, but that's iTunes 9, while the other site I posted has 9.2.1. If you download 9, I'm not sure it will let you update to 9.2.1. I think it may only offer version 10 as an update option, but I haven't tried it.

7. chrisInMiss thread starter macrumors newbie

True, but I did wind up finding this site:

http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f456/all-itunes-verions-here-updated-9-2-a-1028451/

The old apps site (oldapps.com?) only had **windows** version of iTunes. The mac versions were not available there. On the gmshosting.com, they have the *.dmg file for many versions of iTunes back to at least 7.4.2 (MAC) and 7.4.0 for Win32.

It won't let me upgrade any older version of iTunes to anything other than 10.0 (the latest, but not greatest).

BTW: VirusBarrierX6 says nothing wrong with the file.

Thanks for your help. Running a virus scan on the file now. Will let you know if there's any problems.

8. FourCandles macrumors 6502a

AFAIK in circumstances like that, with Apple Software Update you would only be "offered" the upgrade to 9.2.1 if your system didn't support the 10.0 version, e.g. if you're running Tiger.

9. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Thank you! Much better getting it directly from Apple! I don't know why it didn't show up when I searched the Apple site before.

10. DewGuy1999 macrumors 68040

DewGuy1999

You're welcome. I just searched for "iTunes" and it was in the results along with quite a few others. Sometimes generic terms work better than specific terms with searches.