I am missing install disc 1

Discussion in 'macOS' started by mstrmac, Nov 10, 2007.

1. mstrmac macrumors member

mstrmac

I noticed when i opened my refurb iMac white c2d box that the install disc 1 was missing. Well.....two weeks later i finally get around to call apple on a saturday night....finally got a live person but put on hold. Understandably they are probably understaffed and busy this night so i waited too long and hung up.
    So i thought i would try and get some answers here first to see if i really am supposed to have a missing install disc 1. I have the install disc 2.
    I want to upgrade to Leopard sometime soon. Would be happier doing it knowing i have tiger to return to.
    Do i have a legit reason to get Apple to send me what i am supposed to have?
    Thanks in advance
    mstrmac:apple:

2. John Musbach macrumors regular

Of course you have all rights to demand the first install cd

3. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Demand the DVD ... though the phone jockey may ask you to pay S&H.

The easy way out is, "I wiped the drive and can no longer boot the computer."

The machine is either a DOA, or you need the disc sent out free. ;)

That is the legit reason for having all the DVDs in working order.

Though the Apple Store may be able to provide it quicker also.

4. webgoat macrumors 6502a

webgoat

you want/need that dvd cause it contains ilife and if you do a clean install of leopard you need that dvd if you want to keep the ilife that came with your mac

5. mstrmac thread starter macrumors member

mstrmac

unimportant update

I called Apple's shipping problems # and got excellent service and received the install disc that was missing pronto. I really love this c2d iMac.
    :apple: