I am no longer a PC

Discussion in 'iMac' started by LuisC, Apr 8, 2012.

1. LuisC macrumors newbie

Just made the switch last week with a iMac 27. So far, there has been some challenges getting to know the system but nonetheless is been fun. I am very happy with the hardware and service from Apple.

It all started last year with an iPad 2 that my wife gave me, then I bought an iPhone 4S and well now an iMac. :D

2. bharatgupta macrumors regular

bharatgupta

chris pirillo is right an ipad or iphone or ios device is a gateway drug for mac systems, great decision, infact happy learning the new system u ll enjoy even more, macs are the way to go, the future roadmap for os x is very good compared to windows os, for serious pro too macs will shine and deserve to be on every desk of the future so as to overtake windows monopoly

3. All Taken macrumors 6502a

4. B.A.T macrumors 6502

Welcome. The best part of your new Mac is how well it integrates with your iOS devices and iCloud. Enjoy.

5. Moonjumper macrumors 68000

Congratulations. I bought my iMac before the iPhone first came out, so it was the other way for me. The Mac was my gateway drug to iOS. Now I am an iOS app developer.

6. Medic278 macrumors 6502a

Medic278

Welcome to the community. I know how addicting Macs can be, I bought my first one in October 2011, then sold my vaio for a huge hit and bought a MBP and MBA because I didn't know which I wanted. Then of course I needed an Airport and Apple TV. Its an addiction and an expensive one at that, be careful lol.

7. dzigg macrumors member

Another big plus is resale value. My i5 750 PC that I bought 2-3 years ago worth like crap now, probably lucky if I can sell it for 300-400 bucks...:(

If I had bought an iMac, I can still sold it for about 800-900 bucks.. :eek:

8. Schnellpanzer macrumors newbie

I will buy the new iPad as soon as the easter holiday is done with, just to shorten the wait for the new iMac, wich I will buy as soon as it's released.
    Apple TV will be in my house, as soon as I get my iPad.
    ...and pretty soon I probably I will be calling the world from an iPhone 4S.
    Will it ever end? ;)

9. Medic278, Apr 8, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2012

Medic278 macrumors 6502a

Medic278

You'll love Apple TV, I do. I put one in my family room and then had to have one in my bedroom, bathroom and office so nowI have four. As far as it ever ending, the short answer is no. Once you get a Mac your hooked like heroin and man its a great high lol. My iMac caused me to start buying everything Apple including stock. Enjoy your addiction.

10. 28Gauge, Apr 8, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2012

28Gauge macrumors 6502

28Gauge

Welcome to the club!!

I made the switch about 7 months ago and I couldn't be happier. The only Apple products that I had owned before were a iPod Nano and an iPhone 3 and 4.

I got my 27" iMac last September and I have been very pleased. I know that you will be happy with your decision!

11. LuisC thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks to all. The reason I bought it was because of the other devices and compatibility. I honestly did not see myself going this path but as others state it is an addicting one.

Once I had the iPad on hand and how easy it was to use, the bond with Apple just kept growing.

As you can see it did not take long.

August 2011 - Ipad 2
    November 2011 (I think) For sure first day it came out - iPhone 4S
    April 2012 - iMac 27 w/i7 processor, 16gb ram, 1tb drive, 1gb video card and lots of smiles.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I was looking at the Apple TV but do not see yet the purpose of it.

12. 28Gauge macrumors 6502

28Gauge

You are spot on!! Apple is like some sort of addictive drug!

----------

I think that is the key with Apple. A wide array of devices that work well together. The "Apple Eco System" as it is referred to very often.

13. Medic278 macrumors 6502a

Medic278

Gotta love it though. I can't decide what to buy next, I hope the iPhone 5 comes out soon I can't wait. I am also of thinking of getting Apple TV 3 when it comes out. The best part is all of devices just work, and they all just work together. Transferring files between them is simple and easy. I love the high, no feeling like it lol.

14. 28Gauge macrumors 6502

28Gauge

15. Medic278 macrumors 6502a

Medic278

My only regret is that I didn't switch sooner. I bought a 1200 Vaio in June of 2011 and bought my iMac in October 2011. I loved the experience so much I have to have a MacBook so I sold my Vaio in november for 500 and ate the difference. Then I couldn't decide if I wanted a MBP or MBA so I bought both, because thats the logical solution lol. I have to say I couldn't be happier that I switched and I honestly didn't think I ever would. I never really gave Macs a second look I always bought PC's usually the Vaio cause in my opinion they are the best PC laptops around. A little shopping around would have saved me from losing so much on my Vaio.

16. PaulCostello macrumors member

Welcome to the mac community. Gratz on your purchase