I am not liking Lion!

jinxednuance

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 6, 2011
I am hating the new gestures. Got it for a few hours and finding it really annoying.

Especially the fact that every time I use my 3 fingers to go left on a browser (back a page) I see the dashboard!

Is there a way to reverse this whole thing?!

Oh and the whole scrolling up and down opposite thing is ANNOYING.

I HAVE A COMPUTER DAMNIT NOT AN IPAD!

A01

macrumors newbie
Feb 26, 2011
Many (if not all) the new gestures can be disabled in the trackpad menu in system preferences. You should be able to solve most of your issues there.

rogermbp13

macrumors newbie
May 3, 2011
go to System preferences --> track pad --> scroll & zoom --> uncheck scroll direction: Natural

hope that helps

some people like the idea of the "natural" way of scrolling , i tried using it , i am just more comfortable with the old way of doing it.

the 3 finger swipe? you mean 4 finger?

LoganT

macrumors 68020
Jan 9, 2007
You're supposed to use two fingers now for going back and forth between web pages.

jinxednuance

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 6, 2011
thanks guys! much better but still not being able to figure out how to get the softwares open when I do 4 fingers down... now i get nothing

rogermbp13

macrumors newbie
May 3, 2011
Doesn't work. Tried it.

hmmm i know this may sound little bit ignorant of me but try rebooting the system. Once you are back in , surf the web then try the 2 finger swipe. The 4 finger swipe is to change between desktops, so if you have 1 desktop open the only one that you will be able to swipe to is dashboard.

Brammy

macrumors 68000
Sep 17, 2008
I recommend giving the "Natural" scrolling a few days before abandoning it. My first response was it was a heretic and should be burned, but after few days I liked it.

RedRaven571

macrumors 65816
Mar 13, 2009
Pennsylvania
I am hating the new gestures. Got it for a few hours and finding it really annoying.

Especially the fact that every time I use my 3 fingers to go left on a browser (back a page) I see the dashboard!

Is there a way to reverse this whole thing?!

Oh and the whole scrolling up and down opposite thing is ANNOYING.

I HAVE A COMPUTER DAMNIT NOT AN IPAD!
I don't like brussel sprouts, therefore, I don't buy them or eat them....

If you find it not to your liking, there's this really cool OS called Snow Leopard :D

Honestly, I didn't know if I was going to like it but I'm giving it a chance; System Prefs > Trackpad lets you change a few things including inverse scrolling (first thing I did).

stuartmack1974

macrumors member
May 9, 2011
swansea, wales, uk
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_4 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8K2 Safari/6533.18.5)

You can swipe back and forth in safari but not in chrome anymore which is still the superior browser.

I'm out having a beer with mates and Lion is still doing my head in!!!!

strang

macrumors member
Sep 2, 2009
Am I the only person who likes the new gestures?

2 fingers flick to go forward and back is ok. Just remember it's no longer 3 fingers.

3 fingers to drag is great! I always thought dragging on the trackpad could be better.

When I enable 3 fingers to drag, it also makes Missions Control and Swipe between full-screen apps 4 fingers instead of 3. That disables the accidental Dashboard switch when I actually meant to go back a page.

The only gestured I disabled is App Expose. Figured now that I have Mission Control, Expose at the application level is kind of redundant.

Then again, I also play video games with invert Y-axis.

Some people just relate to the new natural scrolling better than others.