I am not liking Lion!

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by jinxednuance, Jul 22, 2011.

1. jinxednuance macrumors regular

I am hating the new gestures. Got it for a few hours and finding it really annoying.

Especially the fact that every time I use my 3 fingers to go left on a browser (back a page) I see the dashboard!

Is there a way to reverse this whole thing?!

Oh and the whole scrolling up and down opposite thing is ANNOYING.

I HAVE A COMPUTER DAMNIT NOT AN IPAD!

2. A01 macrumors newbie

Many (if not all) the new gestures can be disabled in the trackpad menu in system preferences. You should be able to solve most of your issues there.

3. rogermbp13 macrumors newbie

go to System preferences --> track pad --> scroll & zoom --> uncheck scroll direction: Natural

hope that helps

some people like the idea of the "natural" way of scrolling , i tried using it , i am just more comfortable with the old way of doing it.

the 3 finger swipe? you mean 4 finger?

4. LoganT macrumors 68020

You're supposed to use two fingers now for going back and forth between web pages.

5. jinxednuance thread starter macrumors regular

thanks guys! much better but still not being able to figure out how to get the softwares open when I do 4 fingers down... now i get nothing

6. jinxednuance thread starter macrumors regular

Doesn't work. Tried it.

7. rogermbp13 macrumors newbie

hmmm i know this may sound little bit ignorant of me but try rebooting the system. Once you are back in , surf the web then try the 2 finger swipe. The 4 finger swipe is to change between desktops, so if you have 1 desktop open the only one that you will be able to swipe to is dashboard.

8. LoganT macrumors 68020

Yes it does. What browser are you using?

9. OneMike macrumors 603

OneMike

I've been using one finger, at least with a magic mouse. Two fingers takes me to dashboard.

10. Brammy macrumors 65816

I recommend giving the "Natural" scrolling a few days before abandoning it. My first response was it was a heretic and should be burned, but after few days I liked it.

11. LoganT macrumors 68020

I have a trackpad. One finger makes more sense on a magic mouse.

12. RedRaven571 macrumors 65816

RedRaven571

I don't like brussel sprouts, therefore, I don't buy them or eat them....

If you find it not to your liking, there's this really cool OS called Snow Leopard :D

Honestly, I didn't know if I was going to like it but I'm giving it a chance; System Prefs > Trackpad lets you change a few things including inverse scrolling (first thing I did).

13. gentlefury macrumors 68030

why are so many people posting complaints that you can just easily IGNORE! Don't like gestures....don't f'ng use them!

14. stuartmack1974 macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_4 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8K2 Safari/6533.18.5)

You can swipe back and forth in safari but not in chrome anymore which is still the superior browser.

I'm out having a beer with mates and Lion is still doing my head in!!!!

15. Mrguidogenio macrumors regular

Mrguidogenio

You can change the gestures to whatever the **** you want or add gestures using BetterTouchTool.

16. strang macrumors member

Am I the only person who likes the new gestures?

2 fingers flick to go forward and back is ok. Just remember it's no longer 3 fingers.

3 fingers to drag is great! I always thought dragging on the trackpad could be better.

When I enable 3 fingers to drag, it also makes Missions Control and Swipe between full-screen apps 4 fingers instead of 3. That disables the accidental Dashboard switch when I actually meant to go back a page.

The only gestured I disabled is App Expose. Figured now that I have Mission Control, Expose at the application level is kind of redundant.

Then again, I also play video games with invert Y-axis.

Some people just relate to the new natural scrolling better than others.