I am now a mac guy

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Super-Jay, Jan 28, 2010.

1. Super-Jay macrumors newbie

So I purchased my first mac back in December it's a 2.53 mac pro. I have been using it now for about a month,and I can't see why I didn't make the change earlier. Everything just works no complicated problems like take my printer for example,I have been having problems with it on my windows computers mainly the servers fault. I plugged it into my mac and what did I get,I'm ready to print now :D No downloading drivers and it even gave me the colorant levels. I'm PC gamer so my main PC still get's used a lot, but all my main work is now mac based. Go :apple: .

So does this now mean I have to buy everything apple and pay apple tax? Although I do already own an shuffle and an iPhone 3g sold me itouch ;)

2. Ke1ington macrumors 6502a

Ke1ington

Same here. I got my MBP first week of this month and I can't believe I went as long as I did using Windows.

3. Corrosive vinyl macrumors 6502

Corrosive vinyl

It is always good to hear that others enjoy the switch as much as you do. I switched a few years back, and whenever I try to do anything with windows, like my last endeavor (networking), I realize how much I don't ever want to switch back. The plug and play of OS X is amazing and saves me so much frustration.

4. neiltc13 macrumors 68040

neiltc13

While you guys might have been lucky with your peripherals, I've had countless problems getting my printer (Samsung) and scanner (Canon) to work on my Mac.

At least with Windows you know there is a driver out there and you know where to find it. The same definitely cannot be said of OS X as most peripheral manufacturers make one driver and never update it (if they make one at all!), meaning that all but the latest devices won't work with your computer.

5. iOrlando macrumors 68000

you are now members of the Apple army. your duty is to patrol the web and counter strike any opposition forces that speak badly about apple. I have been quite busy since yesterday...its quite a tiring job.

6. Melrose Suspended

Melrose

7. andalusia macrumors 68030

andalusia

Or your money back!

8. barkomatic macrumors 68040

You're not a "mac guy" you're a guy that owns a mac.

9. andalusia macrumors 68030

andalusia

So where do you draw the line between a Mac guy and somebody who owns a Mac? How do you become a Mac Guy?

10. mscriv macrumors 601

mscriv

Congrats on your purchase and I'm glad to hear things are working well for you. It is a different experience from being a PC user, but it doesn't have to be "lifestyle or religion" unless you want it to be. Just like everything else, it's what you make of it. If you have any questions or problems then post away, that's why these boards are here. :)

11. steve2112 macrumors 68040

steve2112

If you gentle fondle your Mac while calling it "My Precious", you might be a Mac Guy.

If you have a Mac 128 and still use it on a regular basis, you might be a Mac Guy.

If you have an Apple tattoo, you might be a Mac Guy.

Or maybe you'd be an obsessed fanboy. There's a fine line between the two. :D

12. zrbecker macrumors member

I switched to mac back in July, and I was suprised how fast I got accustom to it. I was really worried about always feeling lost, because I knew where everything was in windows. After 6 months I know where everything is on my Mac. However, this Windows 7 business is crazy. lol.

13. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

LOL

Though they say once you go Mac, you don't go back! :D

Made the move to a solo Mac setup like seven years now.... don't miss the Windows world much at all... The reason I say that is that Apple is slow to come out with RAW support for some cameras.... still waiting for the Olympus Pen support - and most of us have given up on support for the LX3 and D-Lux 4 as of now.... but at least we have it with Adobe LOL - save the LX3 and D-Lux 4 :mad: