I am REALLY REALLY STRUGGLING with ebay, HELP ME

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by puma1552, Mar 9, 2010.

1. puma1552 macrumors 601

Ebay and Paypal are absolute nightmares.

I've been trying for WEEKS to sell something, which I've never done.

1) I have an ebay account

2) I have a PayPal account

3) I have created a listing to sell my item

My problem is this--aside from the absolute cluster**** that it has been having to enter my bank information what seems like countless times between the two, over and over and over and over for this, that, and the other, I STILL can't list my item.

Now when I go to finally list the thing, it tells me they need still MORE information, they need my bank account information AGAIN to create a "Seller Account" because apparently just having an ebay account doesn't cut it to execute 50% of what ebay is.

So I'm like OK, fine, one last damn time I'll give you the same bank info I've given you like six times already.

I put it in, and what does it say? It needs to verify that I'm the account holder BY PHONE. There is NO WAY around this. I've been at this for two hours today, and for the last several weeks.

The reason it's frustrating? Because ebay apparently never had the foresight to pull their head out of their ass and realize that not everyone lives in the USA and has a USA phone number to call. I have a Japan number, since it's where I live, and it cannot call a Japanese number, so I am SCREWED.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP, THIS IS INFURIATING. I just want to sell an item, one damn time and then NEVER AGAIN.

2. puma1552 thread starter macrumors 601

UGHHH

I just kept doing it over and over and over and over again and somehow it worked

My GOD what a nightmare that was.

3. brad.c macrumors 68020

brad.c

Try Kijiji. :)

eBay has a broader market, but shipping and payment makes things a pain in the butt. I've sold furniture and bought toys with Kijiji, and met some cool folks in the process.