I am returning iPod touch within "remorse" period - need advice

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by glossywhite, Oct 26, 2009.

1. glossywhite macrumors 65816

glossywhite

Hi. I am returning my iPod touch today to the Apple store, under the 14 day "remorse" returns period which Apple have.

There are NO scratches on the device whatsoever, but what it HAS got on the chrome, is three TINY pockmarks (I mean MINISCULE - 0.3mm ish) which seem to have appeared due to using a Belkin silicone skin.

You cannot even see these TINY TINY pockmarks unless you looked VERY hard under a very bright light - I can only assume they are the result of tiny particles of matter becoming lodged between the silicone skin and the chrome, and rubbing very slightly with the natural stretching of the case.

I have polished the back VERY meticulously and gently, they are still there but you'd have to be OCD to worry about them, which I am not... but I *AM* wondering will the Apple store refund me in the light of these barely noticeable marks?. I'm just concerned I may have travelled 35 miles to be refused a refund - that would annoy me, and I re-iterate that there are NO OTHER marks, scratches or other defects ANYWHERE, no matter how tiny.

I treat my kit with the utmost respect, in clean pockets with silicone covers and it NEVER gets dirty.

Any advice with regards to Apple's fussiness for returned items?.

Thanks

2. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

You'll never know for sure until you visit your local store and try to return the item.

3. glossywhite thread starter macrumors 65816

glossywhite

That is 35 miles away and I cannot afford to have them say NO for something so tiny.

Anyone else?

4. uberamd macrumors 68030

uberamd

Its impossible to say unless you go try to return it.

5. glossywhite thread starter macrumors 65816

glossywhite

I suppose I should just not mention them to the refunding staff member, so their attention is not unduly drawn to them - I mean you REALLY have to look hard to see them - seriously!. Do they get refurbished before being re-sold, or not?. Surely they would, and that process would have a certain tolerance for minor, minor blemishes?.

6. Unspoken Demise macrumors 68040

Unspoken Demise

When I returned my 3G in the return period to the AT&T store, I had a few marks, but they took iit regardless. They didnt give me a hard time or anything.

I think you should be ok. I would just go, with all the accessories from the box, including the box, and just return it. Dont bring up the marks, just make a return.

7. glossywhite thread starter macrumors 65816

glossywhite

Yeah you're right. Thanks, just needed some emotional support lol :D

8. chris7777 macrumors 6502

I sent my macbook pro back, and something must of come out of the battery cover or something and scratched the length of the bottom.

They didn't say anything, of course I took a return penalty hit, so I say were even.

It still bugs me about what it actually was, I am guessing it was a filing, but I really don't know.

I know it impressed me, they took it back , good consumer experience. Mine was a refurb .