I am so confused about the new iWork and iLife..

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by iParis, Oct 23, 2013.

1. iParis, Oct 23, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2013

iParis macrumors 68040

iParis

So I had iWork '09 and iLife '11 installed from a not disc or MAS. A lot of yesterday I got the issues everyone else was having of it wanting them to pay for the apps and/or the updates wouldn't show. This morning the updates showed up for me in the App Store and I updated just as I thought I should. Then for some reason it still has the old iWork apps AND the new ones. It seems to have updated iPhoto and Garageband, but completely installed the new iMovie as a new application and my old iMovie also present as well. I'm really confused. Is this supposed to happen? Are they new apps altogether and not just updates? Did I do something wrong? halllllp

Any input is greatly appreciated!

2. stphnman20 macrumors regular

I can't even upgrade mine without paying for it. :(:confused:

3. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

Many people are reporting the same. Make sure you have a good back up and you ought to be able to delete the old versions but dragging them to the trash. But before emptying the trash, make sure the new app loads and has all of your stuff.

4. benthewraith macrumors 68040

benthewraith

And make sure for what you use Pages for you're not losing functionality. iWork 5 went backwards. Way backwards.

5. iParis thread starter macrumors 68040

iParis

Ahh, good idea. I mean, I still have the .dmg for the old apps, I've just been puzzled by this. Ha. It's not that big of a deal at the moment, I just don't really need two versions of iWork and iMovie and it first it sketched me out about if the update worked at all. Thanks for the help, guys! Hopefully we all get this figured out soon.

----------

I guess it's a good thing I have the old apps still then! Haha. Maybe I'll just put the new ones in my dock and keep the old ones for when I need them, if I need them. What did we lose with the new Pages? D:

6. benthewraith macrumors 68040

benthewraith

It's a partial list so far here on the Apple forums.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5468056?start=0&tstart=0

Also, .pages is a new file format, different from iWork '09. People have had trouble with their documents because of it.