I am so glad that transparent keyboard is back on iOS 7.1

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by SakuraSuki, Nov 28, 2013.

1. SakuraSuki macrumors 6502

BUT iPad 3 is still old ugly block of white/black piece of crap.... Well... The translucent keyboard is REALLY REALLY nice on iPad mini and iPad mini with retina display....I am just sadden by how Apple pretty much abandoned iPad 3...

2. Defender2010 macrumors 68030

Defender2010

Yeah, it pretty much deserves total abandonment. It's terrible....but I guess you know that already.

3. Zcott macrumors 68020

4. Jonytheblue macrumors member

5. SakuraSuki thread starter macrumors 6502

Just brought the new iPad Mini Retina... I am for one won't go back to full size iPad anymore... iPad mini size is good...though I want it even smaller...

6. richardbb85 macrumors 6502a

Use ur iPhone

7. bbfc macrumors 68030

bbfc

Where did the keyboard go? Transparency was always there for me on my mini with 7.0.4.

8. SakuraSuki thread starter macrumors 6502

iPhone's screen is too small for joyful web browsing...regular iPad is too large for me to take everywhere. iPad mini is in the sweet spot... Though... Size like Nexus 7 would be good...screen not too small and not too big, perfect for portability

----------

The keyboard translucency is being disabled on all iPad... Not it seems translucency is back to mini and every iPad beside iPad 2 and iPad 3..

9. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

Lol.

;)

10. hafr macrumors 68030

Yeah, totally, I mean - who would EVER want any size other than what Apple offers?

11. RebornProphet Suspended

My iPad 4 runs like a dream on 7.1 with the improved animation speeds, gesture animation fixes, and general smoothness enhancements. My 4s is also vastly improved in terms of smoothness and the slightly faster animations make a huge difference.

----------

Translucency on iPad keyboards was present in all iOS 7 betas but was removed from the builds and has only just returned with iOS 7.1 beta 1.

Open spotlight on your iPad home screen and you won't see the colours of the icons coming through the keyboard like on iPhone. I'll dig through my tweets as I took iOS 7.0.4 and iOS 7.1 comparison screenies.

Edit:

Ok here they are.

https://pic.twitter.com/NnAmGCRtZr
    iOS 7.0.4

https://pic.twitter.com/zijqaSuoz6
    iOS 7.1 beta 1

12. Htin macrumors regular

Htin

IMG_0004.PNG

i thought we're suppose to have white keyboard if we use a light background and a dark keyboard for a dark background ? or is it the other way round?

13. BvizioN macrumors 68040

BvizioN

Correct! You using iOS 7.1? Because 7.1 have an option to use darke keyboard only.

14. Max(IT) Suspended

Max(IT)

Wow guys do you really think it makes any difference ? :confused:

15. Htin macrumors regular

Htin

still on 7.0.3 but i thought we're suppose to have a white keyboard instead...

16. thomasluke231 macrumors newbie

I don't understand why iPad mini 1 can get transparency but iPad 2 can't?
    Both of the devices have same screen, same processor. iPad 2 should do what iPad mini can do.

17. MisakixMikasa macrumors 6502a

MisakixMikasa

iPad 3 has identical processor with quad core graphic processor still does not get translucency....

iPad 2 shares same processor with iPad mini, yet iPad 2 still does not get Siri.. unless Apple decide to add the processor that process vioice into iPad mini's A5 processor... If not, it is Apple's way to push people buy newest product....