I am so tempted ...

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by DELLsFan, May 26, 2009.

1. DELLsFan macrumors 6502a

DELLsFan

Yesterday, MacMall released some blowout specials. I was really fired up about this one on a SSD MBA.

So, my question is - how and why would a reseller like MacMall offer this MBA spec for nearly half off? That's right, I said over HALF off. :eek:

Maybe the answer lies in the definition of a blowout sale for them? Does anyone have any experience with them?

:apple:

2. mlemonds macrumors 6502a

mlemonds

link didnt point to one product for me. are you sure it isnt last years MBA?

3. DELLsFan thread starter macrumors 6502a

DELLsFan

Not sure if it's last year's to be honest. Not sure why the link redirects to the home page ... but at MacMall's home page, upper right, click on: "Mac and iPod closeout blowouts" and observe the MBA special:

13.3" MacBook Air 1.8GHZ 2GB RAM 64GB Solid State Drive (MB450LL/A) for nearly half off!

Never would have thought it possible - especially with a SSD.

4. macrumorsMaster macrumors 6502

It's because it's yesterday's tech! The sale is off the MSRP, not what the current street value is of it! That's how retail stores do their 'sales' many times.

You can get the same deal at Apple right now, only catch is it's a refurb!
    If you don't mind a tiny bit slower processor, you can even get it for a $100 less on the refurb site!
    :D

5. DELLsFan thread starter macrumors 6502a

DELLsFan

Aw ... I knew it was too good to be true! I've heard the first generation MBA wasn't so hot. No wonder there are closeout blowout sales for these puppies!

<<sigh>>

Thanks for the response! Back to the drawing board! :D

6. LAS.mac macrumors 6502

Also, be aware that a MBA rev. C is on the air...
    If that's the case, probably macMall offer is intended to completely clean off the inventory...

7. michael.lauden macrumors 68020

michael.lauden

and it will melt! yay!