Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Akash.B

macrumors regular
Mar 25, 2010
Anyone else gonna put a chair on the lawn...get a good book to read...camp till the Fed-Ex trucks pulls up...then jump up in nervous excitement...walk akwardly to the Fed-Ex guy...and be shaking while you sign the form...then go in and place it on the counter...get a glass of water to drink...go to the bathroom...make sure nothing stands between you and the iPad...cut the tape from the brown box...and lift the flaps...and...and

Drools over keyboard and faints suddenly

rtabdo

macrumors 6502
Jan 26, 2010
Anyone else gonna put a chair on the lawn...get a good book to read...camp till the Fed-Ex trucks pulls up...then jump up in nervous excitement...walk akwardly to the Fed-Ex guy...and be shaking while you sign the form...then go in and place it on the counter...get a glass of water to drink...go to the bathroom...make sure nothing stands between you and the iPad...cut the tape from the brown box...and lift the flaps...and...and

hahhahaahah. that's funny.

Def looking forward to next Saturday!

puppyflightclub

macrumors 6502
Dec 7, 2009
california

it wouldnt suprise me if fed-ex will be doing late deliveries that day, especially in metropolitan places.

but that does sound like a great morning/day/afternoon.

puppyflightclub

macrumors 6502
Dec 7, 2009
california
guy claiming this is from bestbuy

screenshot20100326at801.png

bearcatrp

macrumors 68000
Sep 24, 2008
Boon Docks USA
The past few days I have been having difficulty sleeping from all the excitement. I have the funds in my bank account and my debit card is ready! I am going to my local mall on Saturday and picking the baby up and walking out of the Apple Store with a huge grin on my face!

I can't wait to sync my movies, music, and tv shows! I can't wait to surf Facebook and Twitter while kickin back on my bed! I can't wait to use my fingers to share photos with my family and peeps and also to surf the net and check out the latest news.

I'm sorry I know this is kind of a useless thread but I know there are alot of you guys who are just as excited as I am, if not more! WOOOOOOO HOOOOOO! This is gonna be huge you guys, get ready for a monumental moment in technology history to take place in just 7 days!

Sure would suck getting there to find out they are SOLD OUT! :eek:

StBDawg

macrumors regular
Oct 5, 2008

That sounds like a really good idea. I could sit outside with my Barnes & Noble Nook to read while I wait.

MikhailT

macrumors 601
Nov 12, 2007
That sounds like a really good idea. I could sit outside with my Barnes & Noble Nook to read while I wait.

I feel like getting that helicopter model that you use an iPhone to fly with, and hunt down every fedex truck there is near me.

StBDawg

macrumors regular
Oct 5, 2008
I feel like taking 10 boxes of Ambien CR and falling asleep for a week. I hope this week doesn't drag by!!! (even though I am sure it will)

spiralz

macrumors member
Mar 23, 2010
hardest part is readin these posts - knowing i'll have to wait a further two weeks for my freind to finish their holiday so they can bring me one back to uk :(

hope u all enjoy :)

snapper07

macrumors 6502
Nov 2, 2007
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

Guys your sooo lucky reading all these post is making me exited too but also sad when I remember I've got to wait till "late April" when ever that will be!

Looking forward to seeing what you all make of it next week!

yankintx

macrumors 6502
Feb 2, 2010
sounds like a laptop lol

I've been doing all that he said he was gonna do on my laptop. I guess I'm glad so many are so excited about the ipad, but the bottom line is that they will now get to surf the web, just like they have been doing all along.

Yeah it's a cool device, but by the end of the year when there are 30 different kinds of "IPAD like" devices out there, I don't think it will be a big deal.
I ordered an ipad for my son, but for myself , I am waiting for the HP slate to come out. I'd like the functiuonality of a real PC and not just a web surfing device.

Akash.B

macrumors regular
Mar 25, 2010
I've been doing all that he said he was gonna do on my laptop. I guess I'm glad so many are so excited about the ipad, but the bottom line is that they will now get to surf the web, just like they have been doing all along.

Yeah it's a cool device, but by the end of the year when there are 30 different kinds of "IPAD like" devices out there, I don't think it will be a big deal.
I ordered an ipad for my son, but for myself , I am waiting for the HP slate to come out. I'd like the functiuonality of a real PC and not just a web surfing device.

I wanted to stay till the HP Slate came out as well, but couldn't hold out. I really, really, really hope they don't slap Win 7 onto the device and give it to us. They should custom tailor the UI for the tablet. That's when I'll buy it.

melman101

macrumors 68030
Sep 3, 2009
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

Guys your sooo lucky reading all these post is making me exited too but also sad when I remember I've got to wait till "late April" when ever that will be!

Looking forward to seeing what you all make of it next week!

I couldn't hold out for 3G. I have an iPhone 3GS :) I'll be fine. But I am psychotic.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.