Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

davidlw

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 19, 2008
I went to the AT&T store this morning and got a 16 gig phone after a 4 hour wait. The store said that they were not setup to activate it. So being on vacation, I thought that I would just go back to my hotel and activate it. Wrong, Wrong, Wrong. So now since they deactivated my other phone, and I cannot get online with iTunes, I have no phone at all. Problem is that this is my work phone and I missed a days worth of sales and contact with my company. Several days I predicted that something like this would happen. Well I should have taken my own bet. GRRRRRRRRR. I have to have a phone or I cannot make a living and I am on vacation 6 hours from my office. Way to go Steve!!!

lesliegolf

macrumors 6502
Jun 25, 2008
Southern California
This has been going on all day with many phones. You should be able to update. However, this is what worked for me.

Hook up your old phone to itunes. For some reason that cleared out my new phone being hooked up.

Disconnect your old phone then hook up your new one.

At least for me, I instantly hit the activation screen.

Also, ATT released phone numbers earlier today so many of us had phones without the internet, etc. That might happen to you as well.

Sorry you are going through it. Not that it should make you feel better, but, many of us dealt with the same things all day.

davidlw

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 19, 2008
I could activate it if Apple's servers were up. I cannot make a connection onto the itunes site. Does anyone know when the servers will be up so I can activate my phone?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.