iPhone I am stumped....(Please Help)

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by SA16, Feb 9, 2016.

1. SA16 macrumors member

Nov 3, 2009
    So I recently noticed that some of my contact names have disappeared from my phone. I was in a group chat with contacts that have been saved, but now they are just telephone numbers, instead of their names. I can search in messages and their names pop up, but their information is not in my "Contacts."

Has anyone else had this issue before, and what/if any solution did you come up with, rather than storing the names again?

Thanks for the help!
  2. Suckfest 9001 macrumors 65816

Suckfest 9001

May 31, 2015
    Turn off Contacts then on again in iCloud settings.
  3. SA16 thread starter macrumors member

Nov 3, 2009
    I have tried that this morning, along with resetting and hard power down the phone. Nothing seems to work. I didn't know if there was a simple solution, or do I just need to hand jam it in my phone.
  4. t0mat0 macrumors 603

Aug 29, 2006
    Have seen this happen for telephone numbers. - was an issue possibly with dial assist in phone in settings.

Google phone number not name showing telephone call for more.
  5. g.t. rags macrumors 6502

Nov 25, 2010
    Long Island
    I had a similar issue. I had to go onto every device and make sure sharing was allowed in every account.
  6. danleon950410 macrumors regular

Jun 18, 2015
    Bogotá, Colombia
    It happened to me long ago when i was on the early versions of iOS 8 (final releases) like 8.0.x and 8.1
    It was (at least in my case) temporary. Purging all apps from the app switcher then rebooting solved it for me