I am thinking about getting a MB at Micro Center and have a question.

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by TazExprez, Feb 7, 2010.

  1. TazExprez macrumors member

    Joined:
    Feb 4, 2010
    Location:
    New York
    #1
    I noticed that Micro Center has the MB for $800 with an instant $200 off. I kept on reading some more about Micro Center and noticed that if you sign up for their membership, you can get 5% off after your first purchase, and not on the same day as the first purchase. I was wondering if you could get 5% off on your first purchase? If so, this would bring the price of a base MB to $750.00 plus tax. Btw, I think this offer is only valid in CA and I am in NY. Anybody here paid $750.00 plus tax in NY? Thanks for any help.
     
  2. fibrizo macrumors 6502

    fibrizo

    Joined:
    Jan 23, 2009
    #2
    Well if you want to pay the increased sales tax in NY... which runs 69.04 on that macbook... It probably is still easier to just go to NJ... and pay 28.00$ on sales tax. 41$ in just sales tax alone, almost completely cancels out any possible extra savings with the 50$
     
  3. TazExprez thread starter macrumors member

    Joined:
    Feb 4, 2010
    Location:
    New York
    #3
    Thanks a lot. I could go there and it would actually be closer than the Long Island store for me, since I am in Yonkers. They are actually going to be opening a store in Yonkers in the spring of this year. Even with the tolls to go to NJ I would be saving money.

    This would be my first Mac if I get it. I am almost ready to pull the trigger, but the MBP refresh that may be just around the corner has caused me to ponder on this. This deal is pretty good and the lowest I've found the MBP 13" is $1100.00 plus tax. If the new ones are just around the corner, I might want to forgo $300.00 in savings if the differences are more major than they are now. Could I sell this $800.00 MB for a minor loss of about $100.00 if I decide to upgrade to the refreshed MBP 13"? Or should I just wait? Thanks again.
     
  4. chrismacguy macrumors 68000

    Joined:
    Feb 13, 2009
    Location:
    United Kingdom
    #4
    To be honest, Id actually choose to wait-and-see, although any Mac you purchase now will have a high resell value - it may be a larger drop than $100, likely to be closer to $200 or so :(
     
  5. TazExprez thread starter macrumors member

    Joined:
    Feb 4, 2010
    Location:
    New York

Share This Page