i am thinking of buying a macbook

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by jaspertang, Sep 7, 2008.

1. jaspertang macrumors newbie

guys, i have been a windows user for my life. i am thinking of buying a macbook. have several questions thou:

1. how do i know i am getting the new macbook? not the old one. i think macbook has just similar designs with the old macbook, right? aside from the specs how do i determine?

2. if i buy a macbook in Hong Kong and buy the apple care plan extension warranty and bring it back to the Philippines will the apple care plan be valid with the authorized dealer here in the Philippines?

3. i have lots of external storage for my PC and it is NTFS will the mac be able to read it or i have to format it?

thank you.

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Read one of the established threads, please, instead of starting your own. We get several dozen per day. You can glean info from there.

OS X has NTFS read/write support with third party software (it's free, Google it).

If you buy from Apple after the "new model" is out, you'll get the "new model". How the heck else do you think you'll know?

3. Matek macrumors 6502a

1. If you buy it at an apple store, it will definitely be new. If you buy it second hand, the CPU will usually give it away. More info on wikipedia.

2. I'm not sure, but I think Apple has worldwide warranty, so yes, it should be alright.

3. Yes, OS X can read NTFS by default and you can also set up writing with some free 3rd party plugins. Click.

4. Vulcan macrumors 65816

Vulcan

1. If you get it at the Apple Store, it will be the latest one.

2. Yes.

3. Yes, use the plug-in provided above.