I am trying to decide between the 5S and the 6

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TH55, Dec 6, 2014.

1. TH55, Dec 6, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2014

TH55 macrumors 68030

I now own both a 6 and a 5S. The 6 is wider and harder to comfortably type on, but the screen size is awesome.

2. imagineadam macrumors 6502a

Hmm I was thinking the 6 is actually easier to type on than my 5! But for one handed usage it requires more stretching but I'm getting used to it and I'm ok that I sold my 5! There are trade offs but I think I'm going to like the 6 overall better in the long run! It's very slippery but I've got the leather case on the way. Hopefully it helps!

3. Chatter macrumors 6502a

Bottom line, that is your opinion and you do not speak for "most" people.

Do whatever you want and be happy with your choice - leave "most" people out of it.

4. Spink10 Suspended

Spink10

Honestly I think this discussion have been covered a lot on these forums. Your a long time contributor to MacRumors. Dont think this needs a new thread.

5. newellj macrumors 601

I had a 5, 5S and 6 at the same time. The 5 and 5S were way too small to type on or read anything on. I bought my first 6 as an upgrade and expected to return it. It was so completely better than the 5 and 5S that I paid for another one at full retail and sold the 5 and the 5S.

Oh, sorry...almost forgot to mention: that's my opinion. ;)

6. TH55 thread starter macrumors 68030

Yeah sorry, edited

7. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

Just pick and get on with life.

I prefer the 6. If you don't, keep the 5s.

8. unagimiyagi macrumors 6502a

Too many people want a smaller phone. Would it kill Apple to keep updating the 5s form factor? Apparently, yes it would. I think the 5s is a goner next year. 4.7" will be the smallest that Apple makes

9. Drag'nGT macrumors 68000

Drag'nGT

I type with two hands. For that reason I find the 6 and 6+ (had both) to be easier to type on. Even my fiancé who has a 5S, liked the 6 better for the larger keyboard. But if you have small hands the it may be too big for you. Only you can say that for sure.

10. TH55 thread starter macrumors 68030

It has grown on me already, I think I'm going to keep the 6

11. Chatter macrumors 6502a

No worries. The 5S is a solid device.

As someone who went from the 5S to the 6, I can tell you that I personally love the larger size - easier for typing and especially for email. I dont do as much "fun" stuff on the phone as I do "work" stuff so the extra real estate is helpful while being relatively compact.