Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

needthephone

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 4, 2006
sydney
Just want to apologise for my "Facebook is for losers Thread"

I agree it was immature and juvenille but hey I was tired. I had a facebook discussion at a party the previous night which went onto the early hours and for some other reason I had to get up early so couldn't sleep it off.

I should have been more considered in my thread title. To me life isn't as black and white as winners and losers. I really don't care if you make a million or $10 as long as your'e happy that's all that counts.

Well the party discussion on facebook concluded that we didn't like facebook as it pressured people to try and lead perfect lives and I know for a fact taht people take photos to try and present themselves in a better light than the real situation.

Oh well, each to their own but I still loath facebook (yes its my choice and I'm sure you all love it) and its not for me.

I can see the good in it but I would never ever admit to using it.

So if I offended any of you, I am sorry (but I really can't work out this facebook obsession).

garybUK

Jun 3, 2002
I think it's pretty big of you to do say that, i think it's a fad like myspace ... social networking sites will never replace actual interaction!

needthephone

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 4, 2006
sydney
Yes I was a prat- It's best to admit when you are one, and the world is a better place.

That's what I was trying to say-nothing beats a phone call or a personal email.

I love the internet (iv'e made some money off it over the years ) but it isn't a substitute for everything.

But if you benefit from myspace then good luck to you but pick up the phone (and better still an iphone )occasionally..

teflon

macrumors 6502a
May 28, 2007
That's what I was trying to say-nothing beats... a personal email.

I love the internet ... but it isn't a substitute for everything.

How do you send a personal email without using the internet?
Plus, can't you just send a personal email on facebook?

niklot

macrumors member
Oct 13, 2008
i pretty much dont have any photos of me on fb, i just use it to stay in conntact with some people id probabely lose out of sight without fb... and most important i found tons of people i thought id never see them again. well we met on fb and than met in rl... i like fb as sort of "adress book", but i agree that there are some ppl who'r livin there lifes more on fb than in the real world... which shouldnt b the purpose of fb in my eyes.. but hey its the same with everything, if u like it, use it, if not, not...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.