Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iMpathetic

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Oct 7, 2007
IMBY
OK guys, my room was too full of crap. I decided to get rid of my iBook G3 clamshells. 2 more shelf spaces for me!¡!¡!11!!¡one

Anyway, here are some pics of that particular item. Nice condition eh? My camera sucks absolute Ballmer, so excuse me for the bad pics. Battery is literally brand new!!! All the scratches you see aren't on the item, just the case. Comes with some bangin' buds too. :D Oh yeah, all the prints and that big scratch (which is a hair) are on the case too.

Enjoy!

20080127-mj4kx9ng41jmy3wnxpw7au6n9r.jpg

20080127-cpk3y7fr764641jfafiukwj5ti.jpg

iMpathetic

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Oct 7, 2007
IMBY
They must be increasing in value by now?

anyway, nice piece of nostalgia mate, enjoy it :)

I've always wanted one of those. Where'd you get it? eBay?

Yes, I've seen them going for $100 on eBay with really crappy case condition and 1hr battery life :D

I got it from fellow MR'er kondspi. I gave him a really good trade for it, though, so I get an MX Revolution mouse for my birthday!! Yay!!

Nice, I've always have wanted to see and hold a first generation iPod but I can dream right? :rolleyes:

Well, I'll tell ya, it's over an inch thick with the hard plastic case. If you're willing to travel 1,000 miles, I suppose I can let you hold it! :D

iDAG

macrumors 65816
Sep 9, 2007
Athens, Ohio
Well, I'll tell ya, it's over an inch thick with the hard plastic case. If you're willing to travel 1,000 miles, I suppose I can let you hold it! :D
If I had money for gas I might just do it, but being in high school, I don't see that happening. :cool:

iMpathetic

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Oct 7, 2007
IMBY
If you paid me to drive over there and to sustain me for the three years before I get my license.. I could come over there! :D

It's actually sad, I haven't used my touch at all since I got the PhattyPod....

Xavier

macrumors demi-god
Mar 23, 2006
Columbus
I wouldnt mind getting one of those myself! It would complete my collection (excpet for the photo, forgot about that one)

iMpathetic

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Oct 7, 2007
IMBY
Uh-oh.. There's one in similar condition as mine on eBay for $250 ATM, and one sold for $750 in early December.

Melrose

Suspended
Dec 12, 2007
That's a collector's piece of pop culture, that is. Save it for a few more years and it'll double in value.

Diode

macrumors 68020
Apr 15, 2004
Washington DC
Wow I had no idea they were going for that much.

I had one I got on launch day that got lost while moving a little while ago. Should have kept a better eye on it ... hopefully its sitting in a box somewhere. If I remember right it still worked perfectly. I also had one of the launch day shirts I think I threw away as well.

Oh well live and learn.

iMpathetic

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Oct 7, 2007
IMBY
Where did you get it and How much? it's very beautiful.

I went over to a friend (who belongs to MR)'s house, and we negotiated a deal that was 2 clamshell iBooks (one rather beat up) and a PB5300cs. He got it off the Anandtech forums for $100. :D

That's a collector's piece of pop culture, that is. Save it for a few more years and it'll double in value.

It's actually my backup iPod, I use it daily. I do keep it in the case at all times though. :)
Wow I had no idea they were going for that much.

I had one I got on launch day that got lost while moving a little while ago. Should have kept a better eye on it ... hopefully its sitting in a box somewhere. If I remember right it still worked perfectly. I also had one of the launch day shirts I think I threw away as well.

Oh well live and learn.

Yum! Well, I hope you find it. I'll give my left nostril for a launch day shirt!

iMpathetic

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Oct 7, 2007
IMBY
GOSH DARN IT! Nobody on Craigslist will buy it for $130! WTF? I thought it was worth at least $275...

iMpathetic

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Oct 7, 2007
IMBY
Keep it, seriously, it's a iconic piece of hardware, a collector will pay alot of money for that in 5 years time...

Yeah, but look at my siggy.... Selling random crap is the only way for me to make money. Too young for a job.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.