I beg you for help! Please.

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by Soundburst, Sep 6, 2010.

1. Soundburst macrumors 6502a

Hello,

I'm dying for help here.

Basically for my Masters assignment I created a video in Final Cut and then exported that 11:07 long video to Pro Tools as a .mov.

I then composed audio for the film. . .at the end of the film I have some sound still playing to the black screen.

I then exported ALL of this as a .mov at lenght 11:40 (so there's around 30 seconds of audio still continuing.

Now that was grand. I had an 11:40 long .mov that plays from start to finish.

HOWEVER, I need to edit the piece down for a presentation and when I inputed the final 11:40 video into Final Cut it says that it's length is 11:07. . .so it ignores the fact that the file is actually 11:40.

Is there a way I can stop this?

Thanks a lot :)

2. Soundburst thread starter macrumors 6502a

I just did things the long way.

I imported the 11:07 video itself into Final Cut.

Without rendering I took the very final few frames (black screen). . and had it play at 0.35% of it's original speed. . .I did this to stretch the video time to 11:44. . .I then exported to a quicktime movie so hopefully now it's full speed. (it takes 3 hours to export the video so I won't know for sure until then).

I exported via Quicktime conversion without rendering (as it takes an hour to render the 12 minute video and I didn't have the time to render before burning to quicktime file so I hope it works.

Then with an 11:44 video I'll put it back into pro tools and export it with audio.

3. lighthouse_man macrumors 6502a

Are all the projects and quicktimes in FCP and ProTools consistent in the frame rate? Is one project NTSC while the other PAL, etc.?

4. arjen92 macrumors 65816

arjen92

you could put slug (right click in the timeline, fill with slug) to the end of the video. It's just black/nothing, but FCP will see it as a clip. Make it a minute and put the sound under it.

However I don't know whether this will help you in any way. Pherhaps for the next time.