I believe I'm the only one that has found this glitch

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by MacMaster144, Nov 23, 2012.

1. MacMaster144 macrumors newbie

MacMaster144

So a few weeks ago I was playing on the home screen of my ipad 2 (I was bored) and noticed that if you swipe and hold the home screen (so you see 1 half of both pages) and you use the volume buttons (up, down, mute) the volume pop-up box won't disappear until you let go of the screen.

I know this is a very small glitch but I don't think anyone has found out about this. I have tested this glitch on my iPad 2 (iOS 5.1.1, 6.0 and 6.0.1) and my iPod Touch 2-Gen (iOS 4.2.1). If anyone is having trouble replicating this glitch, I will post a YouTube video.

Thanks, MacMaster144!

2. Aspasia macrumors 65816

Halfway between the Equator and North Pole
    Not a software glitch, but a user malfunction.

3. zetti macrumors 6502a

zetti

Like the above user, it is not a software issue.

4. syd430 Guest

I've been considering to buy Apple products for years but this bug has always been the deal breaker for me.

Through out the day, I constantly need to hold the home screen half way between two pages while I simultaneously need to change the volume with my other hand while subsequently continuing to hold the home screen for a few minutes without letting go.

Until Apple finally up their game and remove this atrocious oversight, I have no choice but to continue to purchase alternative products from the competition.

5. MacMaster144 thread starter macrumors newbie

MacMaster144

Thread Owner Reply

I have posted this glitch NOT because it needs to be fixed (which it doesn't) but just because I haven't heard about this anywhere on the Internet.

Believe there are 2 types of glitches, the annoying glitch and the not annoying glitch, this is a "not annoying glitch" because it isn't annoying anyone (it's as simple as that). This glitch is just one of those glitches were someone reads about it, try's it and if it works then they know another glitch.

I did not expect anyone to think that I was annoyed by this glitch (which I'm not and was never said in the thread).

----------

Well your quite the troll!
    Grow a pair, stop being a troll and get a life!

6. Aspasia macrumors 65816

Halfway between the Equator and North Pole
    Your response to Syd430's clearly facetious remark is totally out of line. Suggest you read the forum rules.

As the above responses have pointed out, what you have described is not a "glitch" in iOS. Nothing needs to be fixed.

If anything is "glitchy," it's your actions.

The other night I removed the back protective case from my iPod touch 5, then slipped it back on. Next time I looked at it I saw the Apple logo blinking on and off. An iOS glitch??? Nope. When I tried to shut it off, I realized I had put the case on backwards.