I bet the 29 dollar disc is the whole upgrade

Discussion in 'macOS' started by dukebound85, Aug 24, 2009.

1. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

and doesnt check for leopard

why?

for the same reason you "could" use a single license osx disc on multiple computers instead of a family pack. if they don't enforce that then why would they enforce the 29 dollar upgrade any different?

its all about integrity

thoughts?

2. CavemanUK macrumors 6502

CavemanUK

Im sure you're right but Im not so sure it matters. Since Snow Leopard requires an Intel Mac its a fair bet that most people will have Leopard anyway. Obviously there are some Intel Tiger users but I would imagine most have already upgraded to Leopard.

3. uaecasher macrumors 65816

uaecasher

I know some people still using Tiger, don't know why lol

4. jaw04005 macrumors 601

jaw04005

I would agree with you except Apple's made upgrade discs that required the previous OS installed since 10.1. The upgrade disc idea is not new. This time, it just happens to be available to a larger percentage of consumers.

Apple wouldn't specifically mention the two upgrade paths if the discs weren't different.

But we won't know until the upgrade media starts to arrive and/or the installation guide is posted to Apple's support Web site.

5. uaecasher macrumors 65816

uaecasher

apple is too lazy to protect it :D well this is kind of better for us as they will have more time to focus on real programming :)