I Better Not Have Just Damn Well Lost My Project Help!

Frohike

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 28, 2007
Kent, England
Hey!
When using Final cut express I just finished editing together a short movie and watched it with the canvas on full... however after watching it I intended to minimize the window and pressed the close button for the window... this then closed both the canvas AND the timeline and i appear to have no way of bringing them back!! Please tell me i haven't just lost the project... and if i havent how do i bring it back!

HELP!!!!!
Frohike!

Frohike

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 28, 2007
Kent, England
Oooooop no worries just realised i was panicing and realised that i knew how to bring it back! no worries! Whew! Chill!

Luis

macrumors 65816
Jul 19, 2006
Costa Rica
Mac 101: When you close the window, you do not necessarily close the program. Therefore, almost always, your project/essay/wahtever is safe.

CanadaRAM said:
Now how about telling the rest of us what the solution was, for the benefit of the next person to do the same maneuver?
I know you know...

lancestraz

macrumors 6502a
Nov 27, 2005
RI
Now how about telling the rest of us what the solution was, for the benefit of the next person to do the same maneuver?
Mac 101: When you close the window, you do not necessarily close the program. Therefore, almost always, your project/essay/wahtever is safe.
In the Window menu item, there is a list of all the different window you can have.
Since you closed the canvas and timeline you would get them back by clicking on their names.

Also, by default, Final Cut auto-saves your project every 30 minutes.

Frohike

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 28, 2007
Kent, England
In the Window menu item, there is a list of all the different window you can have.
Since you closed the canvas and timeline you would get them back by clicking on their names.

Also, by default, Final Cut auto-saves your project every 30 minutes.
Actually when you close the canvas window you are unable to open them through the window menu in the toolbar. However in the browser window you simply double click on the file called "Sequence etc" (Its usually followed by some numbers. It will then simply open both the timeline and the canvas!

Cheers,
Frohike