Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

madmorph

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 25, 2014
im usually an otterbox or uag person but saw this and quite liked it im a big star wars fan and thought it was a bit storm trooperish....sad i know but heyho was a cheapish buy from amazon in the uk http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00M0QW2YE/ref=noref?ie=UTF8&psc=1&s=electronics

it comes with a built in screen protector which to be honest is junk....so i tore it out and just use it with a tempered glass cheapy off eblag ....im very happy with the case it all fits nice and tight and should stop any unwanted drops killing the phone....well with a bit of luck anyway.

excuse the pics as im no david bailey

AngusW

macrumors 6502
Jun 19, 2013
Has anyone tried the 6+ version of this case? If so how good is that one? I'm sure screen is the same which is fine I've got a screen protector on order any way.

kovey

macrumors 6502a
Apr 10, 2011
I really don't like what they did with the top part of the bezel. Those tiny cutouts cause issues with the proximity sensor. It creates a shadow and causes the phone to think it's up to your ear. The screen goes black when you don't want it to - like not being able to hang up phone calls.

If you're going to get a case that protects the bezels, you really need a cutout like the one below. This is the closest thing to an Otterbox defender (until it comes out), with the bezels almost entirely protected:
71tfBOJgOfL._SL1500_.jpg

iPhone 6 Plus Case, [Super Heavy Duty] SUPCASE Apple iPhone 6 Plus Case 2014 5.5 inch (Water Resist / Dust and Shock Proof) Hybrid Full-body Rugged Protective Cover with Built-in Screen Protector, [Include Three Changeable Hard Cover] (Space Gray/Silver/Gold), Dual Layer Design + Impact Resistant Bumper for iPhone 6 Plus
by SUPCASE

Link: http://amzn.com/B00MOOF41U

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.