iPad I-blason Smart Cover compatible back case

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by conancn, Nov 7, 2013.

1. conancn, Nov 7, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2013

conancn macrumors member

Placed order on their website on Monday and got it today via USPS, pretty fast shipping from GA to SoCal. The case holding iPad air pretty well, fell nice since it's tpu rather than plastic. Feels more like silicon/rubber-ish.
    The website states it's frost but it's actually crystal clear, another plus.

However, the reason I buy this is because of the capacity of locking SC in place (the amazon says it has anchor lock to lock SC tight) NO,NO,NO!!! Big mis- information, ther is no anchor lock on this case, unlike their case for iPad mini 1 shown on some of the videos, THERE IS NO ANCHOR LOCK ON THIS CASE.
    Funny that I even call to make sure and clearly they don't know their product that well.

I'll update this post with pics once I got my SC tomorrow hopefully.

update1: Thanks The.Dude, here's the description states anchor lock on the title on amazon:
    http://www.amazon.com/i-BLASON-Part...=1383890297&sr=1-4&keywords=i-blason+ipad+air

and here's the review states the anchor lock on the mini:
    http://www.amazon.com/review/RS4Q2Q...9Z4RGFY&linkCode=&nodeID=&tag=#wasThisHelpful

update2:Clarification, the time I ordered this case, there's only one version available on their website. i-blason confirm the case comes with anchor lock on the phone before I placed my order. Apparently, the agent I spoke with was clueless. Now there's two version of SC compatible case available on their website, with and w/o anchor lock, for those who interested in the anchor lock version, go with expensive version. Sorry about the confusion.

update3: here are some pic regarding the non-anchor lock case
    pic 1, there's relatively small gap between the case and ipad since it's soft shell, collecting dust/dirt.
    pic3, the camera cut is little off, not a big deal though.

other cuts are good and matching.

Attached Files:

2. The.Dude macrumors regular

The.Dude

Edit- I get what you are saying now....

That sucks about the anchor lock, that is the primary reason I ordered one (still haven't gotten it). I had a Dolce and a ZUM for my iPad 3 and I really liked both. I'd probably sway toward the ZUM just because it had the anchors built in.

Let us know how it is, I have the BLASON and the Luvvitt Dolce back case ordered.

For those wondering what we are talking about:

BLASON- http://amzn.to/1giMdOH

Dolce- http://amzn.to/1aw1d9K

3. pat park macrumors 6502a

does the smart cover lay flat against the glass?

The Amazon reviews for the mini version state that the lip in front sticks up and causes the Smart Cover to not lay flush with the screen. Just curious if it's the same for the Air version.

Thanks!

4. bkribbs macrumors 65816

I have an ibiason case with anchor lock for my friends mini and it doesn't stop it from laying flat at all.

5. conancn thread starter macrumors member

I hope this is the primary reason i-Blason remove the anchor lock, otherwise I'm pretty disappointed.

6. bkribbs macrumors 65816

Honestly I don't like the lock. I like being able to pull the cover off, and I've never had a problem with it just falling off or anything.

7. conancn thread starter macrumors member

As in my updated pics, the gap near the magnets of cover is collecting dust since it's soft shell.

8. pat park macrumors 6502a

I don't like the lock either. I want the option to pull the cover off when I need. I think I'm gonna pull the trigger on a black case.