I-Book g3

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by nismo1327, Dec 26, 2007.

1. nismo1327 macrumors newbie

Well I am bidding on a g3 and was wondering if I can something to make it faster. It has osx10 installed on it with a 500mHz processoer, 128mb of ram. If I update the ram to 512mb will it help? this is going to be my first mac....I love pc but wanted to compare which one is better.
    Thanks
    edit: Its costing $65 shipped if nobody outbits me lol
    How hard is it to get used to a mac? I am a PC user for 8 years
    can spend around $150 in upgrades

2. ktbubster macrumors 6502a

ktbubster

that's a pretty slow mac, but still a viable computer for word processing and surfing, light other uses too. Chances are it will get bid up to about 150 or so though (i've been buying and selling ibook g3s a lot lately)

Its not that hard to get used to, or so people have said, then again i've used macs since... well, forever :) so I can' thelp that there.

Just remember, that this is an old mac you are getting and it's not in anyway representative of the power apple products have today, but just to get used to the operating system and basic layout, it's not a bad idea.

Welcome to the world of mac.

3. airjuggernaut macrumors 6502a

Just to let you know. The G3 Processor Is OLD. Its going to be very slow, no matter what you do to it.

4. nismo1327 thread starter macrumors newbie

lol....yah I know 500mzh is gonna be slow lol..but I mostly need to make web page and school stuff. Is there something else I can look into and affordable if I don't win this laptop?
    I got a desktop but eh...starting to get slower and slower and slower and is only 3 years old lol..