I bought a 3G without a sim card.....

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by rob129, Jun 25, 2009.

1. rob129 macrumors newbie

so i cant do the 3.0 update....i guess you knew that already! I tried my T-Mobile sim card but the didn't work...I guess you knew that....so what should I try now....will at&t give me a sim card if im not a customer? I dont have any friends, let alone any with iphones.. (-: Any ideas or ways around this:mad:

Thanks,
    Robert

2. Chrisrokc macrumors regular

Jailbreak it. Then you will be able to update to 3.0. Then you will need to use ultrasnow to jailbreak and unlock it. Then just put your tmobile sim in and your good to go.

3. rob129 thread starter macrumors newbie

it wont let me jailbreak without a a sim card.

4. megamanbnmaster macrumors 6502

Did you try restoring it first? Once restored, it should be on 3.0, and on emergency mode. Put it into DFU mode and then install a pwned ipsw 3.0 firmware w/ forced activation. That should allow you to get on the wifi and go on cydia, get ultrasn0w, and then you're set.

5. rob129 thread starter macrumors newbie

6. LoMonkey macrumors regular

Use PwnageTool on Mac to create custom firmware. When you do so, make sure you choose to activate the phone.

If you're not on a Mac, there have been dozens of threads with firmware you can use. To install this firmware, put your phone in DFU and option click to restore.

Hope that helped.