I bought a Lightscribe EHD for my MBP...now what?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by danceheidi1, Jun 2, 2008.

1. danceheidi1 macrumors newbie

Make that an external burner...I needed to buy one with Lightscribe, but could only find LaCie to be Mac compatible. But it's been given one star on mac.com, so I passed. The guy at the store said that I could try buying another brand and downloading software for my Mac. So I bought a LiteOn and I've spent the last 3 hours researching and downloading all sorts of stuff and probably just making a mess in the process. I feel like a computer idiot and really need some step-by-step help.

What should I be doing? Is there free software I can be using, or is it only in conjunction with paid software (like DiscLabel)? Any help would be appreciated!

2. danceheidi1 thread starter macrumors newbie

3. Bobioden macrumors 68000

Bobioden

4. danceheidi1 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks. I keep trying that, but nothing happens. Ughhh...it's getting old. :(

5. Bobioden macrumors 68000

Bobioden

6. danceheidi1 thread starter macrumors newbie

Okay, so I've done all that. In fact, it looks like I've downloaded "lightscribe.pkg" several times. But then the actual downloaded software is nowhere to be found. When I search "LightScribe" on my hd, it just brings up the ability to install LightScribe System Software AGAIN. Oh yay! (I'm obviously a newbie...) so this means that it's *not* correctly installed??? What the heck? Please help this woman who is ready to pull her hair out!

7. danceheidi1 thread starter macrumors newbie

Anybody? This is maybe not a Mac-specific issue, but I'd love any help. Thanks!

8. TheIguana macrumors 6502a

TheIguana

If the Lacie LightScribe software is installed correctly, which from the sounds of things it should be. You should get a folder in your Applications folder named "LaCie LightScribe Labeler," in there is the LightScribe Labeler application. I included a two pictures that may help.

Attached Files:

9. danceheidi1 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you. Okay, yes, I have the labeler. Here's where I am now...I burned the files onto the LS dvd and I made a lovely label, but when I went to print it, I got an error message saying there is no LS drive detected. I'm 2 out of 3 now, but really need that 3! :confused: Thanks! :)