I bought a new iMac and I see these problems with the Lion

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by piatti, Feb 7, 2012.

1. piatti, Feb 7, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2012

piatti macrumors 6502a

piatti

In Snow Leopard you could move from one space to another by shorkey such as option+#. option+1 would move to space 1. So I don't know how you move to a certain desktop number # by means of some kind of short key.

I do feel that you do need those shortkeys because you might place your Evernote in one desktop/space and place Firefox on another desktop, Safari on another, Different Word documents on different desktops, different windows of a browser on different desktops, so you would need shortkey to move straight to where you want to, instead of:
    Pressing Mission Control and, then locating the desktop you want to go, then clicking on the desktop.

Another thing I am bothered by is that when there are multiple windows of a browser on a desktop, only one window is showing in Mission Control, and the others are all hidden behind the first one so that you can't toggle easily to other windows of the browser. You could put each Safari windows on one desktop each but when you go to Mission Control, the desktops are not big enough so that you can see readily/easily which desktop contains which windows.

Does anybody have a solution?

2. waynep macrumors 6502

I don't know about shortcut keys as I don't care about them.

If you have multiple windows open, you can use the opposite gesture as opening mission control, to get a display of all the open windows of that particular app. I think MC is 3 or 4 up . . . Use 3 or 4 down. I am not at my Mac now so I can't do it to make sure. See if that helps you out.

3. colourfastt macrumors 6502a

colourfastt

Swiping gestures are a big help when you're using a mouse attached to an iMac.