I bought a refurb Apple 24" CD...

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by MattA, Oct 12, 2010.

1. MattA macrumors 6502

MattA

...and was really excited when it showed up late last week. Upon opening it and setting it on the kitchen table, I heard a jingle. Hoping against hope it was just my imagination, I felt the screen through the foam covering only to find that the glass was completely smashed.

Yep, Fedex used my monitor as a kicking post.

Fortunately, Apple was able to hold another one for me while this one goes back. It probably won't get here until next week.

:mad:

With my luck, I'll finally get the new one and find one dead pixel right in the dead center of the screen where I'll see it for all time. I figure if that happens, it'll be time to send it back, get a refund, eat the restocking fee, and wait until a later time to order a new monitor.

2. AlphaDogg macrumors 68040

AlphaDogg

3. MattA thread starter macrumors 6502

MattA

Does one really need a question to post on these forums? Or are we allowed to vent/make comments?

4. OneEyedJack macrumors member

Answers to your questions (in the order asked):

No and absolutely.

Now I have a question. Is Apple handling the return or are they making you pursue this matter through Fedex?

5. MattA thread starter macrumors 6502

MattA

When I first called with the smashed monitor, Apple was going to just offer a refund as they didn't have any more monitors in stock. I was really pretty upset about that, as I really want the monitor.

About an hour after I set up the refund, more appeared on the refurb site, so I called back and let them know. After some finagling, they changed it from a refund to an exchange.

So, to answer your question, Apple is handling the return. They said they have a special department for issues with their carriers, so I bet they're going to give Fedex a slap on the wrist for this one. I sent the old one back (it went out yesterday), and as soon as it arrives, they have one all lined up for me. Hopefully I'll get it next week.

6. MattA thread starter macrumors 6502

MattA

Well, not only did Fedex destroy my monitor, now they lost it on its way back to Apple. Nice.

Hopefully, eventually, I get a working 24" Cinema Display. :(

7. MattA thread starter macrumors 6502

MattA

Okay! This morning at 9:15am, Fedex delivered my new/refurb 24" Cinema Display. It's perfect.

No dead pixels.

Ahh!

8. powerbook911 macrumors 68040

powerbook911

Congrats Matt! Sorry you went through so much. I just ordered one of these too. Do you not have any yellowing on the lower right portion of the screen?

I'm very excited to get mine. Let's up they last a long time!

9. MattA thread starter macrumors 6502

MattA

Nope, no yellowing. It's perfect. It's so pretty, I can't stop using it!

It compliments my Mac Mini very nicely.

Congrats on ordering one. This one is so perfect, I'm thinking that they are new ones that are being sold as refurb in order to clear out stock. It even smells new. The only difference is the brown box it came in. You're going to love it!