Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

boltjames

macrumors 601
May 2, 2010
I am a sales rep at Verizon so I took advantage of my discount and wanted to try out both. I have an iPad air 2. I love how light weight the Smart Cover is but I love the leather and now the smart case protects the back even though the weight difference is noticeable. What do you all prefer?

Get rid of the Smart Case. It has a deep lip and the folds of material in your left hand are a distraction.

Use the Smart Cover with a back shell. No lip, no left hand lumpage.

BJ

mrgossett

macrumors 6502
Mar 18, 2008
I had the Smart Case on my Air 1, and just didn't care for it, especially at the price point. It seemed somewhat bulky, and I didn't like the sharp edge where the hinge is for the cover. The sides also flexed too much to suit me. I now have the Air 2, and I'm using the red Smart Cover (Air 1 version- $19.50 at Staples- Fits perfect) and this back case I just received today:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00OFQC46I/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The combo looks great and functions well together, and probably about the lightest and thinnest combo available right now. Plus, I can easily take off the Smart Cover whenever I'm just using it around the house to make it even lighter. I do have a nice sleeve to put the Air 2 in for carrying and travel outside the house.

k-80 TS

macrumors newbie
Oct 5, 2014
I like the looks and functionality of the Smart Cover with the clear back shell. But after seeing the Fintie case I'm going to order a couple in different colors.

melman101

macrumors 68030
Sep 3, 2009
I got the smart case but I fear I'm never going to use it since I like to use my iPad naked LOL :) I got my iPad air 2 Friday still waiting on case to come.

jterp7

macrumors 65816
Oct 26, 2011
I got the smart case but I fear I'm never going to use it since I like to use my iPad naked LOL :) I got my iPad air 2 Friday still waiting on case to come.

i ended up returning my case...i wish it was a thinner version of the air 1 case, but its a bit thicker than it needs to be on the air 2. Also the lip is not rounded like it is on the air1. I wonder how the air 2 fits in the old case...it would be funny if the "tub" effect was actually identical.

kco1987

macrumors newbie
Nov 2, 2014
:cool:the wawo ipad air 2 smart cover case only $6.25 now~It is a high quality..at amazon~:eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.