i bought a used iphone 3g(s)? and i don't know what program version to unlock it?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by poohbear19, Nov 30, 2010.

1. poohbear19 macrumors regular

poohbear19

my cousin ordered an iphone (3g i think) how can i find out which version of firmware, ultrasn0w, etc. to unlock and jailbreak it??? i tried to google for unlock but they say stuff like --- ultrasn0w for 4.3.1 or firmware 3.4.5. i don't know anything about my iphone except that it is used and does not work with push apps when unlocked. and what's with this band stuff people talk about?

first of all i'm trying to do that activate AT&T SIM card method so i can fix my push notifications already!!!! because my cousin unlocked my phone for me!! in case i lose my back up would i need to know how to unlock and do all that firmware stuff? please help i have been trying to find a solution for my push notifications for 2 weeks and want to make sure everything is solid before i start doing anything. thanks! btw i already have an inactive at&t card cuz it came with the used phone and i use tmobile. thanks again:apple:

2. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

To figure out what iOS and baseband your iPhone is on ---> Settings, General Settings, About. Scroll down to Version for iOS and Modem Firmware for baseband.

3. poohbear19 thread starter macrumors regular

poohbear19

thanks so much

4. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

No problem.

5. dancedreamfly macrumors member

Download f0recast on your computer, plug in your iPhone, run the app and it'll tell you what jailbreak/unlock tools are available to you.

6. Stewart23 macrumors newbie

a friend of mine bought an iphone 3g(which he thought was a 3gs) and when he tried to restore it got stuck in recovery mode.. im pretty familiar with jailbreaking phones but i do not know what version to use i tried that program from h8snow and it wont show since the phone is not turned on.. anyone can help me out?